“Comfort Food at it's Best”

Sisters' Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Down-home Southern comfort food at it's best. We typically skip buffets, but our Grandson, who attends college in Troy, convinced us that Sisters is a cut above the rest. He nailed it! Everything was fresh, hot, seasoned well and perfectly done. All of the meat and vegetables we tried were delicious and the bread pudding was among the best we've ever had. The parking lot was packed at 11:30 on a Friday and there was a wait when we left. A very popular restaurant. Worth a visit.

1  Thank BGBark

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Yummy food. If you are fortunate enough to go when they have carrot souffle, GET IT!
Go for the bread pudding. Best I have ever eaten and I am a foodie.

1  Thank Leigh G
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Sister is a Great down Home Southern Buffet. I sampled everything on the buffet and nothing was dried out or sour from sitting out too long. Everything was above average to Great; several items were only bested by my own grandmothers cooking. Their Banana pudding is the star of the show …Do not miss their take on this desert, it is worth stopping for it alone.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Our group went on a Sunday afternoon after church and it was busy but everyone there was friendly. The food was buffet with many choices. I enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The food at this restaurant is amazing. Unfortunately, my reason for writing this review hinges on a more important issue than just the food. My wife and I ate at sisters on 26 October 2017. This trip was special because we are from Phenix City and went out of our way to visit the restaurant while we were on a trip to Foley Alabama for my wife's graduation. We arrived early just before they began serving lunch and was seated. When the buffet opened, we went through the line with others who had been waiting. My wife and I got very small portions and returned to our table. Once we finished eating the first portion, I returned to the buffet line to get a chicken wing and some chili beans. At that time, I was approached by one of the cooks which was a black lady. She began making comments like "alright now, I have seen you come through the line 2-3 times already". Mind you, this is a buffet and I had the right to go back through the line. I felt offended by this lady and it bothered me the whole weekend because she didn't make those comments to anyone else. It left me feeling that she made the comments because I am black. I have served this country for 2/3rds of my life, joining the military 36 years ago at the age of 18, and continuing to serve as a federal employee with the US Army. I sent the owners an e-mail giving them an opportunity to acknowledge receipt of my complaint prior to writing my review.

3  Thank jamesat40

Been to Sisters' Restaurant? Share your experiences!