“A great surprise”

Add it.
Golden Crane
Ranked #16 of 65 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Wow! The food was amazing. The vegetable hibachi, bento box and stir-fried noodles were all great! I have found my favorite restaurant in Troy!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered the sweet and sour chicken lunch special and it was the best sweet and sour chicken I have ever eatin. The crab rangoon was really good too.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

I have been eating at the Golden Crane since 2012 and the service is always good. In general the food is very good. However, I must say the Lobster Roll is excellent! I have eaten sushi, etc. in Japan and Golden Crane's Lobster Roll and other sushi reminds me of being in Japan.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

Troy is a 100 mile round trip for us, so we don't go there very often; but I had a business venture there today. My wife and I both love the "Golden Crane" restaurant in Troy, and try to eat there whenever we are in the neighborhood. The have a fantastic menu which includes a wide price range and food selection to choose from. We have only chosen lunch selections which range from $5.95 to $9.95 I believe? The atmosphere is very pleasant, with a very courteous and well trained wait staff. The food items they offer are definitely more on the "Gourmet", rather than the more typical Oriental cuisine of standard fare. The Golden Crane is listed as a "Japanese-Chinese" restaurant.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

In town to visit our daughter and her boyfriend at TU and let them pick for dinner. My daughter said that all her friends though Golden Crane was very good, but very expensive. In terms of the expensive part, dinner for 5 ran about $70 with 2 Apps, 5 entrees and no drinks (we all got water). That's probably a touch high for chinese food, but not grossly so. For comparison, back home when we order chinese it is from a take out, and we will usually spend just as much as that, although there is so much food you can make two full meals out of it, plus the odd lunch or two. So, the price isn't so bad, but the quantity is less than it should be. As for quality, it wasn't inedible, but it was far from impressive. The menu is confused, mixing Japanese, Chinese and God knows how many other Asian styles together. Now I'm not saying there is a section on the menu for each ethinic varianace, I'm saying it's all mixed together. We ordered "Bento Boxes" and they came with tempura and Sushi (Japanese) ornage chicken and fried rice (chinese) and coconut shrimp (thai). Ugh, pick a culture. The food was lackluster, at least in the Bento Boxes. Maybe if you explored the menu more thoroughly and found the items on there that they did well you'd enjoy it more, but I can't imagine how much money you'd have to invest to accomplish that. All in all I doubt we'll invest the time and money, and next time we crave chinese in Troy we'll try Mr. Ho's or Lee's Buffett and see if we don't get better food, or at least better value.

Been to Golden Crane? Share your experiences!