“Would not return to this location.”

La Quinta Inn Tuscaloosa
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Minerva, Texas
“Would not return to this location.”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel was very hard to gain entrance, Not marked well, We needed rest and was told that the only rooms available were next to pool, no problem, except the rules that closing the pool was 10 p.m. Kids were still in pool at 11 and were very noisy! Breakfast room was NOT up to standards, they ran out of items and did not replace them.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 76520

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Long Beach, Mississippi
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We normally stay in La Quinta's as much as possible because they have such good, clean service but not this one. First of all the shower knob was so loose almost falling off and couldn't adjust the water level. It would go from cold to way way too hot by itself and then back to freezing cold. Very uncomfortable after a long trip from Baton Rouge, La. Then couldn't get good reception on tv or hardly any stations worth watching because of wiring from renovations being done on the place. But the worse of all was the running toilet, it first wouldn't fill up with water and then in middle of night it filled up and wouldn't stop running. Also next morning only way to flush was to fill garbage can up with water from shower and pour it yourself in the toilet tank. This was told to the head staff and they said Oh sorry, its the renovation work being done. Its a good thing we only stayed one night and were moving on to Nashville or we would have left anyway. They offered no assistance or discount of price or anything. We have since sent email to managers and received no replies at all. We will be writing to corporate office soon. Like I said we normally love La Quinta and especially the breakfast offered and service.

Room Tip: find another motel in the area
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dbram

Travellers are raving about these Tuscaloosa hotels

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The hotel was tucked away behind a run-down shopping center, a greasy spoon and the interstate--warning signs? I tried to keep an open mind...it was a La Quinta Inn after all. I have stayed in several that were clean, safe and modestly priced. This was the exception to the rule. The front desk was clean and tidy--the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming...I was not expecting what I found in the room. My first impression was the smell. A funky layer of perfume and cigarette smoke hit me in the face as I entered. I found cigarette burns (in this non-smoking room) everywhere. The funniest had to be the burns on the bathtub. The carpet was scary. I could feel the bacteria breeding under my feet (put the shoes back on!) and the towels had what looked like lipstick and mascara stains. Blehh! it was late and other hotels were booked, so I had to stick it out. The beds were comfortable enough, but I could not help but wondering what lurked in those sheets. One of my pillows smelled a lot like urine.
The next morning, I could not wait to get out having been awoken through the night by car noises and drunken neighbors. I tried to take a shower and the water came out brown and there was a drip for water pressure.
I happily checked out but had to dodge other cars and potholes in their exteremly cramped parking lot. La Quinta Tuscaloosa is not up to par.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank april l
Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We had a group staying here while visiting Tuscaloosa. We must have not done our homework before booking this joint. They still use the old plastic keys with holes in them for the rooms which face outside. They only had one key for our room which left me wondering who may have had the others. As we opened the door to our room, we noticed the telltale signs of crowbar use on the door -that was scary. The first thing I did was check the window....you guessed it, it was not locked. That must be how Mr burglar was planning on entering. They had to be in cahoots with the cleaning gal. The smell of cheap cigarettes was overwhelming. The towels in the bathroom were so thin, you could read the paper through them. When I turned back the covers, the fuzzy little comforter was littered with filthy pubic hairs. But you know, they did have a nice Samsung TV that I supposed was there to make all the other problems not as significant. If your only choice is having to sleep at your mother in laws, I reckon you could stay here. My advice is to bring your sleeping bag, some sleeping pills, and the biggest gun you can sleep with before staying here.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank utbeef
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Our family has stayed in LaQuinta Hotels in many parts of the country. In comparison, this one was poor. The desk attendant was less than friendly or helpful. The rooms were not as clean as others in the Chain. Our non-smoking room smelled of smoke. The pool was dirty. The breakfast was decent.

• Stayed July 2011