All reviewsfront deskdesk personnelgym equipmentexceptional customer servicestayed here for one nightmorning staffnew carpetchoose this hotelhotel is cleana great staywe've stayedfamily reunionindoor pooloatmealwould definitely stay here againbistromarriott
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The 4 spot rate is for the newly updated interior of the facility; new carpet, paint, furniture....the whole nine yards and very attractively done. Its a comfortable environment both in the public spaces and the rooms and that's important after a long day on the road.
We had hit-or-miss desk personnel, all pleasant enough but some not too well informed it seemed.
I have major problems with the "restaurant". This is not anything like a restaurant or bistro as suggested- the food is pre-packaged and microwaved, or premade for Starbucks in the case of the pastries. the Starbucks coffees served us were barely warm, and the only cereals were kid-stuff like Froot Loops and other sugary options. The person who was apparently supposed to be working the counter was often away/unavailable so waits were too long and many people just left. Definitely new staffing and better food needed. Fortunately there are several eating options very nearby so you aren't dependent on their dining area.
The patio out back was very inviting, but the table umbrellas were both broken and the cushions on the furniture were covered in pollen, and even the fire pit was out of service. I know that springtime brings pollen, but when a seating area is offered it should receive daily attention in my opinion.
Our interactions with staff were hit-and-miss; though the desk staff was very nice, they were not well informed about things going on, like the fire pit being out of order, and the woman who should have been serving the restaurant was gone WAAY too much and did too much complaining with other personnel about her job.
So- good marks on comfort and décor, but not so much on other things.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Amy,
Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed our new look through out the building. However, the issues with the bistro and our exterior will certainly be addressed with the staff. We are so sorry you did not enjoy the food or service in our newly updated bistro. We are constantly in the business of improving ourselves and your feedback will certainly help towards that goal. Our updated courtyard with the fire pit that was just installed and is now opened. We apologize that during your visit it was not completely operational yet. Thanks again for your feed back we hope to see you again

Reviewed 15 March 2018

So - this was $95 and the next door Springhill $135. There's a reason. I arrived at 9P and got an upfront parking spot. Crazy. Is it bad - no. Does it have flaws. Yes. It's not new - but it has the gray motif from a few years ago - with drab carpet. But it has the pull away desk which i love. The gym equipment is rusting but works. The internet is very good. If there are issues - it is these 3:

1. There is still too much space under the room doors. Anyone could easily stick a camera under there and watch you. Yes, it's preposterous to even think - but in this day and age crazy stuff happens. I've never seen any hotel room with the space under the doors that this one always has.

2. They don't have newspapers - fewer Marriots are carrying - big mistake. because of that, i will not stay at this one again. I am eliminating them from consideration one by one. I travel for work. I don't want my phone in my hand. I need 15 mins free of that.

3. the bistro 2.0 - $7 for a yogurt or oatmeal, come one. I had the continental. They are not ready. They put in two pre packaged cups of granola, a banana (no strawberries as advertised) and the banana bread tastes like cardboard. Really. c'mon. Overpriced. There's a starbucks and ihop within a 5 mins walk. no more bistro 2.0 for me.

it's cheap, it's clean - it's fine....but they miss the little stuff!!!

the employees are all top notch - front desk and bistro!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

TravelManSouth,

Thanks for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed our cleanliness and customer service during your stay. However, we will certainly take all of your issues under advisement and look to improve for the next stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Very clean, beautiful renovation, and wonderful customer service! I can honestly recommend staying here. Good location as well. Bistro food has really been pretty good, better then expected which was a nice surprise

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Ragan w, General Manager at Courtyard Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed our new look and food. We cant wait to see you again!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We stayed here on a recent college tour. The staff couldn't have been accommodating. Especially Adam and Rita and Adrian - thank you for your sweet southern hospitality! Rooms could use a facelift but I understand it's happening soon. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Courtyard M, General Manager at Courtyard Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review and share your comments about our hotel. I apologize for any and all problems you may have incurred while staying with us. I will certainly pass along your suggestions to the staff. As you noted we are going through a complete renovation starting in mid December. Hopefully yon can visit us after that and see what we have done.

Again, my sincere apologies,

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

Please tell Kimberly at the front desk that my entire family and church members appreciate her kindness and hospitaility she always displays she constantly lays out the red carpet. She always goes out her way to make sure we're okay. She deserves to be praised today.

Pastor Huey Harris

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, Tuscaloosa, Alabama on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and hotel, and will certainly pass this onto Kimberley.