“Best Meal I've Had In A While”
Review of Samurai Japan

Samurai Japan
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

My sister suggested we eat here and went on about how good the food was. This isnt your typical Japanese restaurant where you go sit around a big grill, this is more of a sit down and check out the menu type place. They also have an area for traditional Japanese cultural dining where you sit on the floor to eat (a very nice area). We went on a Wednesday for an early dinner and found that they have happy hour from 4:30pm to 630pm with a limited menu. You can still order from the regular dinner menu but we chose the happy hour menu. For $15 you chose 2 sushi rolls and your entree (there's probably 10 or 12 rolls to choose from and 5 entrees) They also have Kirin Japanese beer for $2 and great deals on saki. I ordered the shrimp tempura roll and the California roll and I'll honestly say they were both the best I've ever had. I had chicken teriyaki as my entree and it was great also. It wasn't super sweet like most restaurants and tasted more authentic. We met the manager and told her how much we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and she was very thankful and so nice. Our waiter was great and we even had other customers who are regulars tell us this was their favorite Japanese restaurant in all of Birmingham. I HIGHLY recommend trying it out. When we were leaving around 530pm they were already getting busy so keep that in mind. I give it 5 stars!

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Great service and wonderful food! Massive quantities of sushi and tempura soba. We ate out on the patio for a lovely evening out.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

The sushi is excellent. The kitchen food is good but the menu is a little small. A great place to have dinner before a movie.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We just had lunch at this restaurant. The bento box is a great deal, it provides a variety of excellent food and its price is reasonable. The shrimp tempura, salmon teriyaki and sushi were top notch. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

I love this place, the sushi is awesome and great portions. I average once or twice a month going there and have yet to be disappointed. The staff is super friendly and very attentive to the customer's needs.