Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$287
TravelocityUS$287
Orbitz.comUS$287
CheapTicketsUS$287
TripadvisorUS$287
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2020 via mobile

So, everything negative you read in reviews is true. This place lacks serious hospitality management, in a country where tourism is the majority of its income. The front desk did their best to accommodate, but it was clear that the rest were not managed or trained . Breakfast, as stated in other reviews, was minimal. The waitress completely messed up my coffee request, which took too long, and eventually brought me curdled milk for it. I later saw her cleaning my room, which explained a lot, but she didn’t do that very well either.
The food at dinner was okay, but not as described on the menu, and the vegetables were overcooked and not fresh.

I had a lot of trouble getting hot water in my shower on several occasions.

The jacuzzi was fine since I asked well ahead to have it turned on. Yes, the pool was ice cold, but I liked that in the heat.

The place was nearly empty, which I found very nice, but I can’t imagine how the staff could handle any more guests. Attention to detail is NOT a strength . Some reviewers ask why there are so few guests here; it’s pretty obvious that, while the place is beautiful and the rooms are nicely done, the service is hopeless. It is not cheap, but you are paying for the grounds and the rooms, and that’s it.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Tish R
Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

Dont go here! We were staying here for just one Night, and we wanted to get some laundry done, we had around 7-9 kilo clothes, and they charged us 183 us dollars for that!!!! Wothout letting us know in advance that they charge for Rachel piece of clothing instead of the usual Per kilo! We were in shock!!!!!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2019

I wanted to share the highlights of my stay.
Juan did a fabulous job of making sure my needs were met from arranging driver pick up times, scheduling massages, opening the yoga room and offering amenities to enhance my stay. He is new to the retreat and is a true asset.
Gaby and Carol work in the kitchen and dining areas. They went out of their way to prepare delicious and nutritious meals while working around my dental issues. They care deeply about providing the best service and are very personable.
The rooms are comfortable and clean and the retreat is enviro-friendly. The grounds are gorgeous and lush and the view of the coffee plantation is beautiful.
I highly recommend spending time here to heal, reconnect or rest. You will be well taken care of :-)

Reviewed 22 September 2019 via mobile

Had some pretty major oral surgery at Dental Cosmetics in Alejuela (also excellent) and stayed here at Asclepios to rest and recuperate. I’ve been so blown away by the beauty of the hotel and grounds but mostly by the people who work here - Juan, Carol, Gabby, Marlene, David, Pablo, Raulio, Carol’s mom, Lucia, Sonia...everyone has been so accommodating, going out of their way every day to make sure we had what we needed.

The food is clean and organic. Carol and the kitchen staff prepared all of our special requests (lots of soft food) with open-hearted smiles. I never felt like I was being a bother. Everything was really tasty.

Both Lucia and Sonia were EXCELLENT (body wrap and massages). They are healers, not just massage therapists.

The facilities are lovely - pools, steam room, jacuzzi, exercise room, etc. Also, a yoga room and a “relaxation suite.” They’ve really thought of everything. Asclepios would be a fantastic venue for a healing retreat - it’s small and easy to access from the San Jose airport. (There is a WiFi lounge in case you need it.)

This place has felt like home (only better) and the people feel like family. I’m so grateful that the dental clinic hooked me up!

Two thumbs up! Loved it.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2019

Juan welcomed us for our wellness stay after dental surgery. Juan was so very attentive and caring, animated and most of all....genuine! His pride in his job and his pride for the Asclepios Wellness Retreat was immediately apparent. We stayed nine days and Juan was always at the ready to answer our questions and make our stay most comfortable, accompanied by his beaming smile. Gaby and Carol cared for us in the dining room and comforted us with excellent food. We arrived as guests, we left as friends!!!

Room tip: There is no bad room, I visited several