US$119
US$66
US$55
US$61
US$59
Boca Tapada Lodge(Alajuela)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Airport Gardens(Alajuela)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfree shuttlesan josecosta ricarooms are cleanshuttle serviceresidential neighborhoodnice groundsnext morningreception areafree breakfastan oasishot waterfelt safebring earplugsgreat place to staycommon areasrental car
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

I’ll start off with... the food was great.
Here’s the breakdown...

Food: Four out of the five of us ordered curry chicken, the other ordered mushroom chicken.
At the very least, I would expect all of the plates to arrive within an 5 minutes of one another. We received four plates of curry chicken, then 25 minutes later (after the rest of us finished our meals) the mushroom chicken arrived.

Drinks: We ordered a bottle of wine for the table (1 standard bottle of wine is described as 750ml by lifebytheglass.com, and is known as a standard around the world). We received a bottle that was 500ml, which isn’t even considered to be 1/2 bottle or 375ml.
The waiter should have informed us of this.

Service: The waiter never asked how the meal was, if we needed anything, or even if the food was okay. Meanwhile, the waiter blatantly walked by our table, straight into this office, turned on the television, pulled a chair into the doorway (facing the tv, opposite to the guests) and started watching the news.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017

Very friendly and English speaking. Room is modest but very clean and
air conditioned. Close to the airport and offers one free shuttle with each night.
I stayed two nights...one on day of arrival and one night before departure.
Beautiful well kept grounds. Pool was nice but a little cold for this Florida girl but it was overcast and late in the day when I swam.

Room Tip: Room #2 Ground floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This was an overnight stay while waiting for a flight the next day. We did not leave the hotel during our stay and we did not need to. The hotel has books, beer, swimming pool,and a restaurant.
The room was clean, the food was good, and the beer was cold.
My only complaint is that the free shuttle is only free one way. It is $10 back to the airport. Luckily it was $10 per room, not $10 per person back to the airport.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Brillasol our first night due to late flight arrival. The hotel is just 5mins from the terminal.
Breakfast was ok. Dinner really slow.
Rooms were not clean and noisy in the morning. Too expensive even for CR.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We only stayed in this hotel for a few hours, as we had a very early flight, so I don't know about the swimming pool and other facilities. The room was large and the beds comfortable but it was a little uncosy. I liked the bathroom, but couldn't get the hot water to work and had to wash my hair in cold water. I did wish that there were small containers of body lotion, shampoo and conditioner and was glad I had some left from previous hotels. We checked in and were then driver free of charge (tip course) to the restaurant of our choice some ten minutes away, which I thought was very nice of them. Breakfast was very basic - fruit, biscuits and coffee, but I think that might have been because they knew we would be taking the stuff away with us. We were woken by the night manager in time for our Uber to the airport and to collect breakfast. The huge drawback to the hotel was that some sort of celebration was taking place very nearby, with a band and microphones, and I got the impression that might be a regular feature, but I may be mistaken. It was a good hotel for our purpose - somewhere close to the airport for an early flight - but I don't know that I'd want to stay for more than a night. Security was good which I feel may have been necessary in the area.

Stayed: September 2017