Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$134
US$77
  • Free Breakfast
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$179
US$170
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$78
US$76
  • Free Breakfast
ApartHotel Tierra del Fuego(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$39
Brisas Arenal Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$103
US$92
Orbitz.com
Allamanda Rooms(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$22
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$332
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$468
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$593
US$563
All reviewswater slidesbaldi hot springscosta ricala fortunavarying temperatureshot poolswarm waterlounge chairsspring poolsarenal volcanohotel guestsbeautiful resortbreakfast was includedpura vidawaterslidestourminerals
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

This place was right out of a movie. When I walked in I was thrilled to see gorgeous flowers and plants and trees of every kind. The grounds were impeccably clean. I never saw a piece of trash. The highlight was lounging in the hot pools. There were 25 of them. In some areas there are cold ones to help you cool down before moving up the path to even hotter pools. The reason I didn't give 5 stars is because of the water slides. I went down one that was dangerous. There were 3 slides and the one I chose was to the far right. The other slides might be less extreme. When I went down the slide I have never felt so out of control. I have been on slides before but this one was terrifying and I was was thrown around and suffered a pretty nasty bump to my forehead. I told the staff and they said people had been hurt before but it was my choice to ride the slide. I googled it and found others have been very hurt..broken bones, etc. So my advice is go enjoy this fabulous resort but skip the water slide.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorilynnm333
Reviewed 10 February 2017

we stayed here for 2 nights. the thermal hot springs are wonderful ranging from a temperature of 20c to 48c with minerals in the thermal volcanic waters. I just wish the they published on the publicity boards what was the mineral content of each pool. the hotest being at the top. the rooms were pleasant and clean. they supply a bath robe but no slippers! also we would have liked a glass or container for our toothbrushes in the room. the breakfast in the restaurant near the Reception was excellent with good service. However, no decaffeinated coffee if that is what you prefer. the a la carte restaurant is good n th are restaurant but we were very disappointed in the buffet restaurant which is a hike up the top of the hill for a bland bland buffet and the price is not cheap!! It seems that there are walking trails at the to but no indication where the trails go if this is the case. We did didn't like the towel pool system as you have to go to the area where the day guests go and this is not convenient and you need a card to obtain a pool towel and must return your wet one to get the card back and this is a total waste of time. Excellent massage spa and the Tico masseuse girl was very good. Ideal for trips to the arenal lake and the arenal observatory to see the volcano.

Room Tip: probably upstairs as you can hear guests walking around when you are downstairs
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

We spent the afternoon and evening soaking in luxury. It truly felt like paradise. Pools were spacious and surrounded by lush vegetation. Be sure to visit the caves for steam and showers and a hot water pool.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

I think this hot spring is incredible. I was going to go to tabacon but we talked to multiple people and they all recommend this one. After going I see why. They have so many pools with different layouts. Bars at each one. Also included free dinner and that was a nice touch. Trust what everyone says and go to this hot spring.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Ok, the stay was booked at short notice and really did not get off to a good start when the reception 'manager' (he said he was) argued with my wife because she declined to wear the 'compulsory ' wrist bands provided. I don't like being dealt with like a child, especially when paying for this service too. Surely an adult solution could have been found by the 'manager'
Apart from that this hotel is very comfortable indeed. All the.pools are clean, the bars well stocked and the breakfast a good start to the day. The room supplied was large, comfortable and well serviced.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple