“Nice restaurant, great view”

Restaurante Acuarelas
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary, Central American
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2015

This is the restaurant at Montana de Fuego resort. The restaurant overlooks a ranch, beyond which is Arenal, so a great view (if the weather allows).

I found the food to be good, the service excellent. When staying at the resort, breakfast is included. A generally simple buffet-style breakfast, with a station for omelettes.

Had dinner there one evening, found the arroz con pollo to be quite good.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

had eaten here several years before, food quality vastly improved, service improved. once one understands the culture of costa rica, one can enjoy great food at a leisurely pace. relax and enjoy..

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Disliked the surcharges. Service was good. Breakfast was in need of variety - omelet station fair. Slightly overpriced and one physical complaint was the tiles in the restaurant were bordering on dangerous- too slippery.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We really enjoyed the view and the flavor of the food!

español

inglés
We really enjoyed the view and service. I ordered the Caribbean chicken , the presentation and taste amazing! totally recommended!!!

francés

Reviewed 20 January 2013

It was one of the worst food experiences in Arenal area, waiter was totally ignoring me and only talking to my husband, my pasta was totally overcooked to the point where I couldn't eat it and had to return it practically untouched - then asked I said that I wasn't happy with the meal and they totally ignored it as if nothing happened. To be unbiased I have to say that my husband was happy with his fish and vine wasn't bad at all. So if you go there never order pasta.