My family had a wonderful stay at the Volcano Lodge & Springs. I had wanted to stay at Silencio del Campo, which is my favorite, but unfortunately, it was full. In retrospect, the Volcano Lodge & Springs was the perfect place for my family. We loved walking around the grounds and swimming in the pool/hot springs after a long day of hiking. We only had a few issues- we requested an extra towel on several occasions (we were three adults and a baby in one room) but it was never delivered. The food was also not that great. The breakfast, while plentiful was just fair. They use margarine instead of butter and the cheese they use for their omelettes was not a great choice (queso blanco/fresco which doesn't melt.) Also, dinner options were EXPENSIVE and not worth the money. They charged $9.50 for two small scoops of ice cream. Service is also extremely slow despite the fact that there were many people working. Also, as a tip- the room service menu has more budget friendly options than the restaurant menu. However, we found out you can order items from the room service menu at the restaurant as well.
In any case, if you have a car and have more mobility in terms of where you dine, I would definitely recommend checking out the Volcano Lodge & Springs. Even if that is not the case, I would consider this place. It's a great family-friendly spot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At VOLCANO LODGE AND SPRINGS, located in La Palma, La Fortuna de San Carlos, at the foot of the majestic Arenal Volcano, our hot springs and lush tropical garden gives you joy and relaxation to our guests and companions. Undoubtedly, our location allows you to witness the imposing Arenal Volcano from a vantage point. QUALITY SERVICE: Knowing that service is the main reason of hospitality, the Volcano Lodge & Gardens’ team, will do our best to make your stay a very fond memory to take home. FACILITIES: All our 66 rooms are Superior and non smoking, have deluxe finishes, 2 comfortable full size beds or 1 king size bed, TV/cable, telephone, air-conditioned, coffee maker, hot water shower, hairdryer and a nice terrace facing the Volcano. We also offer 4 rooms for handicap. RESTAURANT:Sura Restaurant, capacity: 120 people, we’ll be offering you our traditional local and international food, while you enjoy the majestic view of the volcano, birds surrounded nature. You can ask for room service too. OTHER FACILITIES: *Two swimming pools for adults, two swimming pools for children and two Jacuzzis, all of them with view to the Volcano.*Laundry service, Private parking, Internet Access / Wireless Free, Tours information, nature trail, Playground.* Massages Service from 9 am to 9 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volcano Lodge & Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano Lodge And Gardens
- Volcano Lodge & Gardens Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Volcano Hotel