“Clean, tidy neat and the most helpful Manager Rocia who really made my stay enjoyable and wanting to go back again”
Review of Regina Hotel

Regina Hotel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel Regina is a lovely, clean neat and wonderful little hotel in La Fortuna. The Manageress Rocia is the most helpful, kind and friendly person I had the pleasure of meeting, I will go back for a stay just to meet her again and spend time with her.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and the service is excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Rocio V, Gerente at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you very much for the nice comments and for staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regina Hotel !

Warms Regards

Rocio Vargas

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I stayed there for about 4 nights back in May. The service was amazing they helped us book tours and other activities. Called cabs for us! Directed us to food! Gave us discounts to breakfast spots! The only down part was the rooms roof was leaking a little bit. But I'm not really high maintenance. The service was so good that i didn't even really complain about it. They treat you like family. This is a great little hotel with very good location.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony! views of the volcano are amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Rocio V, Gerente at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Eric,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share your thoughts We are very grateful to know your experience and especially your appreciation on the help you got with our recommendations and tips. I´m sorry about water leaking, the problem is fixed now.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Regina Hotel !

Warms Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel and was very pleased. The staff are wonderful; warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. It felt like my home away from home and I felt very safe which is very important to me. I was offered suggestions for tours, booked all of my tours through Rocio the manager and I was not disappointed. Great prices and lots of fun. I’m learning Spanish and Rocio encouraged me to use it as much as possible and helped me when I stumbled.

The housekeeping staff kept the place spotless and every day I was welcomed with a new and very creative towel creation on my bed.

There is security overnight and Alan kindly made me a fresh pot of coffee in the early morning. There are small fridges in the room and some very basic dishes so I saved money by buying breakfast cereal, yogurt, fruit and juices etc and eating at the hotel. I understand that you can arrange with the hotel for a $5 breakfast.

The hotel is very small and that to me was a part of the charm and security of the place. It’s well situated in town and you can easily walk everywhere in town. Hot springs are just a short cab ride away.

You may see comments on other reviews about noise from the street. Yes you can hear the street noises but overnight I never found this to be an issue because the traffic dropped to a just a few vehicles so it didn’t keep me awake and I’m a light sleeper.

Bed was comfortable. A few of the rooms have excellent unobstructed views of the volcano.

Thanks for the great stay ladies!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Thank spayne.home
Rocio V, Gerente at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hi,

Thank you for staying at the Regina. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review, we are pretty sure this review will help others travelers to know about what they can expect at REGINA HOTEL.
Your great review says it all. I am glad were able to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. We hope to see you again and continue our spanish class again.

Regards,
Regina Hotel Staff

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This hotel is spotlessly clean and the rooms are cleaned better than some 5 star hotels that I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious with a small kitchenette , crockery and cutlery provided so that you can have breakfast. There is a fridge in the room which is ideal for keeping things cool, good working air con and free WiFi. It is however next to a busy noisy road but don’t let this put you off as the traffic noise does stop at midnight and doesn’t start up again until 6am. Just make sure you bring ear plugs. I am a light sleeper and was able to sleep fine and also an early riser so didn’t find this an issue. On the positive note the busy road means that you are right in the heart of town with many good restaurants within spitting distance and very handy for the supermarket too. The staff are very friendly and helpful and I’m amazed at the variety of shapes the towels are made into each day by the cleaners. Yesterday was a mermaid; today was a couple of people !

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the volcano
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Rocio V, Director General at Regina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Hi,

Thank you for choosing the Regina and taking the time to write nice review. Your review has made our day. We strive to provide outstanding service along with clean comfortable room.
Thank you for favorable comments. Our maid is so happy to know you did like the animal shape towels. Thanks for the ear plugs tip, hope others follow your lead.

Regards from Regina Hotel

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The service from Roscio is always exceptional. We have stayed here several times. The room views are spectacular, and the rooms themselves are perfectly clean, and comfortable. We are always directed to the best local restaurants (they do change from visit-to-visit), and the best deals on local attractions well suited to our activity level (which also changes!!). The addition of Regina and Ricky (two local green parrots), added to the daytime charm of the lobby area. We will always return, for this unique, and very cost effective destination.

Room Tip: the upper rooms facing Arenal Volcano are a delight
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to the hotel and taking the time to write this wonderful review, It was our pleasure to host you again.
Thank you for recognizing our staff. Comments as yours makes our day. We look forward to you next visit.

Happy holidays.