Hotel Sueno Dorado & Hot Springs
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$173
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$241
US$149
Hotels.com
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$204
Arenal Volcano Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$145
US$293
US$256
Orbitz.com
Hotel Rancho Cerro Azul(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$71
US$69
La Fortuna Suites(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$480
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$490
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$750
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Don't let go by the bad reviews, it's really a nice place to stay.

Minor, the manager is an excellent person that really tries his bed to make everyone feel like home, the Peruvian chef is amazing and the food couldn't be better...

Has a great location, close to everything but yet not at all noisy, plus has the beautiful pools with thermal waters facing the great volcano.

Rooms were always clean and always had what we needed.

I understand they recently changed the management for better and it's a really good value place, great food and optimal location.

I hope I can come back soon and have my family spend a great time as well.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2015

We were supposed to go there, fortunately though we had troubles with our reservation and didn't have to stay there. We were free to choose other hotels. After having visited others in the area I could compare really good and fact is that value for money wise - this hotel is really bad. They charge u middle class, but u get a backpacker quality. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with that, it's just that u could get the same for a fourth or even less of the price.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank miamaid
Reviewed 4 January 2015

Small, 11 attached rooms, one floor and all rooms facing the nicely kept tropical garden, owned by a local and managed by a very friendly and ready to serve staff. Included a tasty typical breakfast (not much variety), a hot spring and cooling pools. The rooms were not luxurious but comfortable and had everything we needed. The grounds are very beautiful and it is located near all the best sites (great view of the Arenal volcano).

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betty S
Reviewed 28 December 2014

On the Plus side: Friendly host, tasty breakfast, convenient location, good AC

On the OK side: Room was freshly repainted and in an overall good state. So, although I do not recommend this place, I cannot say that it was run down. Host tried to promote local businesses (hot springs and restaurant) on which he has a kickback. Your might be OK with the practice... or not

On the Minus side: Where do I start... All you would expect of a cheap (yet overpriced) motel: no wifi in the room (wasn't working), dead bugs left everywhere and alive ones galore, ants in the bathroom, a smell of mold, no fridge, shabby furniture, lack of towels (small ones), unusual (yet functional) electric shower heater, leaking shower knob, no hot water in the sink.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luc V
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Filthy place full of bed bugs... Had to throw out my clothes. I walked in to check in and there was people on the lobby complaining that their rooms had no water for days, that should of been my first clue.... I still proceeded to stay and since I was tired I took a little nap. When I woke up I had a rash ( bed bug bites) all over my body, the same with my 8 year old daughter. I knew that we could not stay there and ended up staying in our car for a night waiting for a room at the Baldi hotel to become available. They did not refund our money for the 4 days that we had booked the room for even though we only stayed for 2 hours.

SAVE YOURSELF FROM BED BUGS and STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you like dirty rooms and bed bugs. Yack.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family