Hotel Mountain Paradise
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$204
US$293
US$256
Hotels.com
Arenal Volcano Inn(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$145
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$241
US$149
Hotel Rancho Cerro Azul(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$71
La Fortuna Suites(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$173
getaroom.com
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$480
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$490
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
US$750
1,432 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barcosta ricaheated poolla fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsfree shuttlegolf cartlive plantsprivate jacuzziking bedhotel grounds areour honeymoonperfect view
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

There was a huge investment on designing the place, and it shows. The place is beautiful. But when it comes to all these things that make your stay enjoyable they failed. The maintenance of the room is not as expected: door is squeaking, coffee machine without coffee (we were ask to buy coffee bags), some light didn't work, day light enters to the room very early as the curtains are almost transparent . Breakfast is basic. Could have been much more...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Luis L, Manager at Hotel Mountain Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.
I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The places is beautiful, great view, great pools, great gardens... but on the rooms you will note how unattended the place is.
Hot water does't work, and breakfast is extremely and unexpected bad.
No wi-fi on rooms.

Room Tip: Check if you have hot water as soon as you arrive.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Abenavar
Luis L, Manager at Hotel Mountain Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I am giving a 5 star rating because of the views and the atmosphere. Just outstanding. I only had a day here, since we were with a tour group. We are thinking we might return just to stay at the hotel. Pool was heated and had a swim up pool bar. Some negatives, we had ants in the room... but we are in the rainforest, so expected. The hot tub at the pool was not working. Did have a hot tub on each balcony,however, hot water did not last long.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lance,

Reviewed 6 October 2017

#1 Welcoming and Check-in rating- 3 rating

Welcoming at Mountain Paradise Resort was not quite a grand entrance, but it was late when I arrived, yet still, I am after all the guest. If the hotel/resort is open, whether early morning or late at night, I am the guest and should be welcomed in the same light. The place was quiet but welcoming, had to look around for a minute wondering where to check in. Shortly after Mr. Alex helped and got us checked in. There was also a slight communication issue, his English was quite broken and he spoke softly, often we had to ask to repeat, but not a deal braker, he was nice and got us check in quite fast and gave us all the info we needed.

Alex said pool times until 10p, restaurant schedule such as breakfast times 630a-930a (included), lunch, dinner. He also mentioned a second restaurant on the grounds, but we did not go to due to time constraints. The lobby is quite inviting, clean and a pleasant place to call home for a few days and the people are quite friendly. There is a security gate at the entrance, which is a great thing for any resort/hotel to have.

#2 Room Accommodations/Amenities/Alcohol- 4 rating

You will find a marvelous and quite spacious room at Mountain Paradise. Ample towels are provided, a coffee maker (though no coffee was left for us) I will chalk that up to maybe the house keeper forgetting to leave packets. No alcohol is included, it is probably available in room service but just do yourself a favor, buy your alcohol and whatever soft drinks at the airport or grocery store along the way and take it with You. For a small inconvenience You will save a lot of money and headache.

#3 Room Service and Location- 4 rating

Room service was courteous and fast. Just be aware that ordering a coke at Mountain Paradise is $4US and don’t expect a liter either! Ice machines are not provided, you have to call the restaurant for that and if the restaurant is closed, You can then call room service. I wish they had one large ice machine outside the restaurant or outside the pool area, then guests can take a stroll out and enjoy the grounds while getting ice.
Location of the room was great, we could see the majestic Arenal Volcano from the porch, and after walking the grounds I was able to notice that any location on the resort will have a clear view of the Volcano, especially at the restaurant and pool area.

#4 Grounds and Security- 5 rating

There is a security gate at the entrance, and it is manned during regular hours, it could be 24hrs, but I am not sure, however I saw a guard in it as late as 10pm. Which is a great thing for any resort/hotel to have.

The grounds are absolutely gorgeous, You will have a sense of being in a hidden jungle retreat while at Mountain Paradise. You will see fruit trees, beautiful flowers all around and lots of greenery and room to walk, explore and best of all take all the pics You want of the majestic Arenal volcano which is always visible from the resort, even while covered by cloud.

#5 Dining Options/Restaurant(s) and Quality- 4 rating

The restaurant is a good place to be, it has by far the perfect view of the Arenal volcano, where You will see many taking pics and selfies of the giant. Breakfast is included and it is a buffet style simple breakfast, nothing too fancy but it will do the trick. We did not dine at the restaurant however, due to touring schedules.

#6 Hospitality and Customer Guest Service- 5 rating

The Hospitality at Mountain Paradise is quite receptive and warm, the associates will smile and greet You and make You feel welcomed.

#7 Pool Areas- 5 rating

The pool area is perfect, it is a large pool with about 3 sections including a jacuzzi area. It has a swim up bar, courteous bar tender, prices are reasonable and the drinks are on point. The music is appropriate for the location and it will give You a great feeling to be there. The pool is the perfect place to be especially at night when it cools down or when it rains, the heated pool is one of the best qualities of the pool/bar grounds.

#8 Entertainment and Activities- 3 rating

Mountain Paradise offers a happy hour special from 5p-6p. I did not attend.
They do have a concierge on staff, You can choose from a few exciting tours at reasonable prices from there. The Concierge can show You videos to help You make your selections.

I was not pleased however that the concierge took it upon himself to advise against 2 tours I was ready to book (The waterfall repelling and white water river rafting). He advised that it was rainy season and taking those tours would not be advisable because injury could occur. He continued discouraging my us against the tours by pointing out that someone recently broke an arm while on one of the tours. My travel partner heard that and was afraid instantly. I do not think it is the concierge’s job to advice whether or not to take a tour, just offer them and book them. It is the tour operator’s job to decide if a tour is safe to operate that day or not. In the end I was able to convince my partner to go on the Waterfall repelling and white water river rafting tours and both of those tours became the highlight of the trip.

#9 Overall Resort/Hotel Rating Grade- 4 RATING

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Luis L, Manager at Hotel Mountain Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Jorge ,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This place has it all. Very nice, helpful staff. Lex Luther. There were all types of wildlife all across the property. The food was delicious. The bathroom with the waterfall shower was amazing. A little disappointed we had a hot tub instead of our own pool but that is ok. Their tour guides are very nice and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Try both restaurants
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Luis L, Manager at Hotel Mountain Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Sincerely