We stayed six nights at Nayara Resort, and at every step along the way our needs appeared to be at the forefront of our hosts' attention. The front desk staff was knowledgeable and happy to help with any request we had. (I left some medication at home and they arranged a cab into town and identified a pharmacy that could help me.) The same friendly, attentive service extended through all departments: restaurant, housekeeping, pool, tour guides, etc.
We stayed in one of the Rainforest Villas, which were a little slice of heaven. Our room faced the volcano, as—I believe—all of these rooms do. We loved that each room was a separate building. There was never any reminder at all that other people might be nearby—we felt secluded. And those dual outdoor showers were pretty awesome.
The resort is located within a reasonable distance of everything we wanted to do—and many things we didn't get around to. We went to the hanging bridges, on volcano hikes, to the thermal hot springs, to a nature reserve, into town for lunch and shopping, and—our longest trip, just under two hours away—to the Caño Negro wildlife refuge. And we still had time to hang around the resort's pool and hike on the resort's two nature trails.
The standout attraction, though, was the staff. To a person they were cheery, helpful and attentive. They made us feel comfortable for our first trip to Costa Rica.
If there were one suggestion I would make, I would ask for more vegan choices on the menus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens