US$131
Hospedaje Dodero(Liberia)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$60
  • Pool
Hotel La Arena(Liberia)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Hostel Pura Vida(Liberia)(Great Value!)
All reviewsceiling fanone nightpretty courtyardcentral squaredorm roomcosta ricacourtyard areahot waterwould stay againwarrenbedssangriajorgeairportbackpackershostelbanks
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

I am torned between giving this place two or three stars, our room was directly across from the reception desk. It was good sized room with a decent size bathroom, and a clean comfortable bed but it was dark without extra outlets and no air conditioning just a very loud fan. There was no hot water and no outlets in the bathroom. We had a decent dinner and breakfast in the very pleasant courtyard. The price, location, free parking and wifi were the reasons why we stayed here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Clearly someone cares about this hotel. It has the old world charm I had hoped for; the building is very old and has been tastefully updated. We spent a pleasant night (could have used A/C but then it is in the historic old center of Liberia) with breezes and birds. We were welcomed like old friends upon arrival. The open courtyard is lovely, plenty of green and sunshine. We enjoyed relaxing in the rocking chairs with drinks after a long day of travel. It was very pleasant. Dinner right there was convenient and excellent. I had a delicious house salad, as it was hot and I wasn't particularly hungry. Great sangria!! Jorge, I believe was his name, made us breakfast in the morning: scratch, hot, off the menu! an HOUR before the usual breakfast hour, as we had an early flight. He arranged for a taxi. This is really a sweet little hotel just off a main square full of city life, made for an interesting evening walk and look around. Don't miss the top floor "porch" at the hotel, where you can see over the city. There was an eclectic international crowd and the place lends itself to relaxing and delightful conversation, if that's your mood.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2017

We arrived at 1000pm at this hotel from our flight and car rental pick up. It was good for a night or two.Great location as it only took about 15 20 min drive from the airport. You can walk out of the hotel and Central Park is a half block away. Good Service, wifi and the Central Sitting area is nice to eat or relax with a drink in hand. Breakfast was included with the room and it was very tasty. No hot water showers :( Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We stopped and stayed one night at Hotel Liberia because we got to the airport around 4pm and we didn't want to drive up to Lake Arenal in the dark and run off the road with our rental vehicle and kiss my my $3000 security deposit good bye. This is a very small local hotel. Nothing fancy about this place. We did have breakfast and diner at the hotel's restaurant...which the food was very good. The rooms and the shower are very, very, very small...and there was no hot water for the shower. The hotel is old but clean. My wife is a very spoiled women so there is that issue that will come up if you stay here. I told her it was a test to see if she really loves me...and couldn't tell her I only paid $42 for the night.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Good service! Restaurant on site. In the center of the city. Good ratio for price vs room.
Breakfast included in price. Nice working wifi. A lot of channels on tv. Clean room. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo