Hotel Casa Valeria Samara(Nicoya)(Great Value!)
US$12
US$44
  • Pool
Hotel Dona Marta(Nicoya)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$50
US$110
All reviewsacre ranchhorseback rideciagulfmountainsbreezebeachespropertydrive
Reviewed 6 March 2016

I stayed there for two weeks in December 2015, My first visit to Costa Rica. The open air rooms let in the sounds of the Howler monkeys, native birds, horse whinneys and cattle moos echoing over the hills and through the valleys. Flowers abound as Miguel, the gardener,has plied his skills there for some 40 years. The aromas wafted through my room at night as the cool mountain breezes refreshed the air. Horseback riding through the mountails was such a thrill. Lucero, my horse is so well trained and gentle. Responsive to my slightest touch of the reins. The views from the over 200 acre ranch are spectacular. There are many as you ride the property. Cia, the owner gives personal attention to your stay there. Meals are designed around your personal eating habits. The food is fresh grown or raised locally. Just let Cia know and your tastebuds will be gratified. The quiet and peace of the Rancho brings tranquility and a return to nature that I so needed to quiet my soul. For a retreat with horseback riding, beaches nearby, Gulf of Nocoya boat tours with swimmin and stops at islands where you will not find another tourist, Private Pacific beach swimming and relaxing all to yourself, cooler temperatures at elevation, return to nature, healthy dining and friendly happy caring people: I highly recomend Rancho Ricco.

Room Tip: The North wing guest rooms are beautifully designed with the best views.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We had a wonderful few days at Rancho Ricco. The ranch is located on an a mountain, a very peaceful place ideally situated for a special getaway. When looking at the horizon there is seemingly no distinction between the luscious green mountains and the endless sky. We loved waking up to the beautiful sounds of birds in the morning. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We loved the accessibility of the kitchen and sharing meals on the large open deck overlooking the splendid view.We were also happy to do horseback riding on the picturesque tracks around the property. Cia was a genuinely nice person and had arranged many activities for us during our stay. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to spend a relaxing and replenishing time in the beautiful landscapes that Rancho Ricco has to offer. Thank you Cia! Tatiana and Mattie

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tatimattie
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Just back from a wonderful weekend at Rancho Ricco. Cia hosted my boyfriend and I for a lovely and very enlightening private couples retreat. I would highly recommend both Cia and Rancho Ricco to those seeking a peaceful place to turn within and heal or reconnect with yourself and/or your loved ones. Cia is a truly beautiful human being, and very gifted and experienced therapist. Rancho Ricco is a lovely place in small-town Costa Rica, uniquely designed to resemble the typical farm houses in the area, but with all of the modern conveniences and fabulous views of the bay and surrounding mountains and forest. I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to spend some time in guided reflection and revelation with Cia in such a special place!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salamba
Reviewed 19 January 2016

What a joyous and spiritual retreat! Each morning greeted by the hummingbirds as I watched the sun come over the mountains, sipping on my fresh cup of coffee. The quiet mornings were serene and revived my soul. Loved it!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Rancho Ricco is high up in the mountains on Nicoya Peninsula near Carmona a bustling small town with most amenities. I enjoyed the ranch itself, with comfortable accommodations and relaxing environment. Great to sit out under the "Rancho" and feel the breeze of fresh air. Enjoyed horseback riding through the property with vistas of the Gulf of Nicoya and nearby mountain ranges. Everyone at the Rancho Ricco was friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay and would love to visit again. The ranch is also not far from the Pacific Ocean and marvelous beaches.

Room Tip: Most of Rancho Ricco rooms are all on the ground floor with private entrances. It is always quiet with the natural sounds of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo