Hotel Rancho Humo Estancia(Nicoya)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$127
US$85
Hotel Dona Marta(Nicoya)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$43
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Hotel Rio Tempisque is a great place to chill out and relax.
I would recommend it for couples and not family. Rooms from 1 to 14 are big with refrigerator, fridge, and a couch.
Rooms from ~15 to above are not that large.

Rates are around 60$ and above. The place is good if you will stay in Nicoya and will be going to different places nearby.
Restaurant's food is average but I would recommend you to go only if you do not want to go outside of the hotel.

The pool is not that large for the amount of rooms that it has.

Room Tip: Rooms from 1 to 14 are awesome and large.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

We were running late after taking the ferry across the Gulf of Nicoya and needed a place to stay on our way to the Northern Pacific beaches. So we stayed here without checking online first. What a relief to get a king bed with good linens and matress, large clean room, roomy hot water shower, and plenty of air conditioning. Since this is low season the room was reasonably priced. The only caution I would give to others is that breakfast is not included and it was a bit pricey. But the food wand service were good.

Room Tip: Because it sits far off the highway our room was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2016

We were passing through so it was an overnight stop. We were told at the desk that the only rooms left had no hot water yet noted that there was no reduction in cost. There were plenty of ants in our room. When we complained someone came from reception (within minutes) sprayed the room then swept up the dead ants. Bedding and towels have seen better days. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The lower number rooms have hot water
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel in Nicoya when we refused previously booked accommodation nearby. The hotel is a large complex with 2 classes of room. There were no class 1 rooms available. The cheaper class 2 rooms had 2 double beds. The room was clean BUT we had to get cleaning staff to get rid of an ant invasion in our room. The air conditioning unit was extremely noisy and kept waking us. Because it was a class 2 room it was too far from the central reception area and was not provided with hot water. We only had 1 bath towel and hand towel.
Breakfast was not included in the price but the restaurant did serve a variety of reasonable meals.
Not highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

I love this place, room was adequate and kept clean, staff were brilliant although my wife and I spoke no Spanish. The best part of our stay is the restaurant, food is amazing, fresh cooked, staff always insisted we spoke and ordered in Spanish so we learnt a lot. Laundry was taken care of. When we first arrived there was no hot water. We reported this and within 4 hours the heater was replaced. The walk around the grounds is really pleasant. Most people use the hotel on route to somewhere else and short stays. I would recommend this hotel very highly. I have worked all over the world and stayed in many luxurious hotels. I cannot compare this to them. But I love this place.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business