8 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.comUS$549
FindHotelUS$549
Trip.comUS$549
All reviews wet deck plunge pool pininos adventures reserva conchal azul pool w insider treehouse suite living room bar lower pool course tasting menu costa rica pura vida floor to ceiling windows main restaurant an ocean view room nature reserve beach club
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2021 via mobile

We recently visited the W while we were visiting Playa Conchal.
I just have to say how amazing all the staff were here. We were treated so well and the service was amazing by everyone, especially Carlos and Rosemary. We enjoyed lunch by the pool and then swam the beautiful infinity pool while looking out to the ocean.
It was a wonderful experience and I would definitely come back again. Such a nice taste of luxury!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MissJaneo
Reviewed 12 February 2021 via mobile

This resort is beautiful but is terribly understaffed. The workers do the very best they can but it takes 20+ min to get a drink or your bill. There were only two waiters for the pool, restaurant and beach area at noon which is peak time. The resort is very large and there are times you have to rely on a golf cart. We called for a cart to get us with our luggage and they never came so we walked our luggage all the way to the front. They need double the staff for this to feel like a relaxing vacation for visitors. Again I can’t fault a single worker bc they are trying incredibly hard with a smile on their face and a great attitude as guests complain right and left.

Pros: the corner ocean view suite had stunning views and room was amazing. The resort felt very clean. The food was all very good however I would strongly encourage the “all in” package as prices are on the high end. You will come out ahead. Pinnois and blue water excursions went wonderfully. The white water rafting and zip lining with pinnios was worth every penny. Last pro again the staff does a wonderful job and are extremely kind and friendly. Not their fault that the service is mediocre at best.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 801mindys
Reviewed 29 January 2021

Fell in love with the resort and especially ocean view room! I would come back again and again. The shower is amazing with the ocean view and 2 shower heads! Also had so much fun with ConchalFun activities that were brought to us right to the hotel beach.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank shawty2003
Reviewed 21 January 2021

My wife and I just returned from a fabulous stay at the W. We both work long hours and needed some kind of getaway from the hustle and bustle of life. After doing some research and reading quite a few reviews, we decided to vista Costa Rica and stay at the W. We stayed for a long weekend, which we could have used one more day but schedules did not permit that. We booked an ocean view suite along with the all-inclusive package. If you can afford to do that, I highly recommend that. We talked to another couple that booked a tree-house suite/room and did not have the all-inclusive package and they were pretty satisfied with how their trip went as well. Staff-wise, probably the best experience we've ever had. So many of them used our first names after the first day and that is a major reason why I choose to stay at Marriott properties. Obviously COVID is still around so yes, the staff may seem limited but we did not experience any difficulties. The property is immaculate and the food is very good. The beach is not a typical beach for a hotel as it is situated, access-wise, a little bit away from the "main" pool but that is what we liked. We like walking around and everything is walkable. I'll agree with another review - the constant "vibe" music can be a bit annoying but honestly, can't we all find something wrong with anything. Also, we rented a car from the airport. It's pretty inexpensive and you can get to the hotel a lot cheaper than the shuttles that are offered. It will take some time to get a rental car and you HAVE to take some kind of insurance - not the standard "my credit card covers it" deal but it was much cheaper anyways. Finally, a shout-out to Gina (kind of like Julie on The Love Boat), Kevin, Samantha (awesome restaurant person), Jordan, and Nestor. I wished the staff wore name tags because everyone was so friendly. Last thing - to see the howler monkeys, walk to the beach in front of the Westin in the morning. It's just down the beach from the W.

Room tip: Try to get a room in Tower 3, higher up if possible. Ocean view rooms are worth it. Plunge pools are not heated but we used them anyway.
2  Thank 594donaldh
Reviewed 20 January 2021

Stayed here for our honeymoon ...Everything was very pricey compared to Costa Rica prices. By all the pools and restaurants there is constant "bumping" music and it is very hard to relax. The only place to get any sort of quiet was making a reservation at the spa pool or sitting on the beach. They were low on staff by both pools for the small amount of people at the resort so it took quite some time to get drinks when sitting at the pools. The staff was very nice however there wasn't enough of them when sitting at the pools. Lastly, they couldn't get my bill correct when checking out and their was an unauthorized expense on there that they had to fix.
The views around the property are beautiful and their breakfast was very good.

Room tip: The Beach view rooms were nice.
Date of stay: January 2021
YASIL ALVARADO, General Manager at W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2021

Dear D4472RUhannaht,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the W Costa Rica - Reserva Conchal and providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We´re glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast service and wonderful views.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I would like to inform you that prior to establishing the prices at our different Food and Beverage venues, we have diligently conducted a thorough market study regarding the prices established by other properties, which navigate exactly in the same Luxury Segment as ours.

We also regret that the type of music played at our Escape disturbed you during your recent stay. As you may ascertain, the W brand is distinguished by being different from the other brands in our Marriott portfolio and the playlists available at these properties are considered a worldwide brand-standard which should always embrace a sense of uniqueness and comfort at all times. I am very sorry this was not the case and that the music played at our Escape did not fulfill the role for which it was intended, and rather, it affected your overall experience. I apologize for the shortcomings you encountered.

As per the comments you have made about the additional charge that was made into your hotel bill. Kindly send us a private message at w.lirwh.wc@marriott.com and our Welcome Office will be more than glad to review this matter for you.

I hope that despite the inconveniences you experienced, the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you found our staff to be helpful and courteous. When your travels bring you back to our beautiful country, I hope that you will give us an opportunity to be of service to you again at su casa in Guanacaste.

YASIL ALVARADO COMPLEX MANAGEMENT OFFICE - GERECIA DE HOTEL COMPLEX