9 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$579
Hotels.comUS$579
Booking.comUS$579
ZenHotels.comUS$591
Trip.comUS$579
eDreamsUS$579
All reviews wet deck plunge pool pininos adventures reserva conchal azul pool w insider treehouse suite living room bar lower pool course tasting menu costa rica pura vida floor to ceiling windows main restaurant an ocean view room nature reserve beach club
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2022 via mobile

Stay clear, this might look pretty in pictures, service is awful! From reservations to front desk, asked for GM’s details and they have still not provided these or responded via email.

Go stay at the nearby JW Marriott or the Andaz where customer service is how it should be and staff are responsive and held accountable!

I am a Marriott Titanium member, I also hold top tier elite status at a number of reputable hotel chains, it is fair to say that I had a few options for this vacation. I frequently stay at luxury resorts eg St Regis, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons etc

I made a reservation after speaking with the in house reservations regarding a suite upgrade which I was happy to pay for, I followed the provided advice and I used the SNA awards as the hotel advised they will clear them within 48 hours.

I also sent confirmation via email to which still nobody has responded. I followed up after 48 hours and all suites are sold out and I am on the phone to front desk management who assure me that I am their priority and they will assign me a suite should one become available. In the 6 hours that it took to get a response multiple suites became open and are were subsequently taken.

I then contacted the front desk leadership team one, if you speak with Stephanie Gutierrez good luck, she refused to share GM’s details and she also advised everyone wants to stay here and are begging for suites, multiple elites are here and a few other words along those lines, failing to grasp the point, a truly shocking tone and stance for a top tier elite at a luxury resort, if you value top tier service my advice is stay away.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 429nava
Reviewed 8 June 2022

This hotel is located within a very large property area that includes only the Westin and the W. That means the beach was very isolated and not crowded, which is really great! However, if you are looking to experience local restaurants and nightlife, this is not for you.

The good: The room was very nice and clean, and the decor of the common areas was really swanky and fun. The main lobby and main pool were nice and spacious. The breakfast buffet was huge and all the food we had was really good.

The bad: The distance to the beach, close to beach pool and secondary restaurant is a challenge - you have to take a golf cart to get there or walk about 10 minutes. That got to be annoying. The pool area constantly seemed to run out of towels and water cups. The food items were all really expensive, especially considering the local economy - this is a resort for Americans who are captive here for food because of the isolation. This is a hotel geared to adults, so the food was sophisticated and expensive and the main lobby pool area was "adults only" which was not great.

The staff: The staff was always friendly and asked for your name, which was nice (and we loved Raquel at the Zona Azul). However, we also had an incident where we were talked about poorly in Spanish (which we can understand, unbeknownst to the staff member).

Room tip: Get high up so you can see the beach (although it is not close)
Date of stay: June 2022
2  Thank cbaumel
Reviewed 4 June 2022

By far the best place I have ever stayed. We were there for a business reward holiday and there was a huge group of us. It was incredibly busy but they accommodated us perfectly. The rooms are sensational, food brilliant and the resort pools are just fantastic . Their emphasis on sustainability is fantastic. No disposable food packaging and they actually recycle!!! Such a different resort. But it’s the staff that make it so amazing. Even though there were so many of us they did their best to remember everyone’s names. Greeted you at every interaction with such friendliness. A huge thank you to Charlie, Eddie, Roseo and Isabella, you made our trip truly memorable. We will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Pinnicle
Reviewed 2 June 2022

Everything about this hotel is excellent, the location just on the beach, the restaurant and bar, treatment areas, pools etc. The most exciting thing about this property is the staff, everyone is so polite and helpful, I would highly recommend a stay at the W Hotel and look forward to returning

Room tip: Look for a floor above level 2 in tower 1 or 2 for fantastic views out over the coast
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2022 via mobile

This is by far the best place I have EVER stayed! The service was top notch! Pools are amazing and the property is fabulous!

We flew into LIR airport and took the airport shuttle ($80 one way, private car). It’s an hour drive from the airport. The hotel has an ATM on site (behind the check in desk) where you can get USD or colones in cash. We room charged everything, but had no problems paying for things in US dollars, make sure to bring small bills (ones) so you can tip the resort staff.

The spa was wonderful and I enjoyed my 80 minute massage ($180 USD). You get full access to the steam room and outdoor plunge pools.

The main pool is lovely, and I highly recommend the short walk or golf cart ride to the smaller pool down below (it’s called Zona Azul). That pool is right at the beach and has a really exotic vibe, I felt like I was in Tahiti or Bali!

You are in the jungle so you will see A LOT of bugs (especially during rainy season), so bring bug spray and anti-itch medicine if you tend to get bit!

Trip type: Travelled with friends