Review Highlights
Super responsive customer service!

Our family of 11 from GA and NC had the trip of a lifetime staying at the Westin Reserva Concal in... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
G1545UMtoddr
Erik is the best there is...pura vida!

We booked an all-day excursion through Erik Garcia, who is right there at the beach access entry... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Andrew C

Recommended experiences in and around Playa Conchal
from US$138.47
from US$76.93
from US$164.11
from US$153.85
More Info
All reviews excellent resource mud bath westin resort natural hot springs costa rica private guide felt safe conchal beach tenorio national park day tour amazing pictures pura vida horseback riding great tour his team fish sloths
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2021

We just got back from a great trip to Costa Rica at the Westin Conchal. During this time of Covid, we were really nervous about traveling, but also really needed a getaway after the long winter. Double masked up for an easy direct flight from New York. Once there, it was a gorgeous space, beautiful scenery and fresh air. Wonderful people in Costa Rica! Most the time we were enjoying the sunshine and the air, relaxing at the resort, but we did do a few really awesome tours. Erik G on the beach is a treasurer. He organized three of the best excursions. We took surf lessons with Pablo surf school cr, who I can't recommend enough. We took the jungle tour down the river and fed the monkeys and a crocodile named Charlie. They could have left me there with the monkeys, I was so happy. Bring lots of bananas! And we went to the most amazing Family Farm to zipline. Hacienda El Roble, with mango & cashew trees in the front, exotic birds everywhere and monkeys hanging from the trees. The Sanchez family were the kindest most wonderful family. The farm is gorgeous. I wanted to stay there with them. We spent a good amount of time on the beach just talking with Eric. He's such a cool guy. Really wonderful person and genuinely wants to help Can't wait to go back to Costa Rica and try some more of his excursions.

Date of experience: March 2021
erikgarciaconchal, Owner at Erik Garcia Conchal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Thank you so much .Thank you for trusting me with your event and for taking the time to share your experience. Reading this truly makes me very happy . Over the years i have perfected my customer service and I always try to go the extra mile to make sure you never forget this paradise . Although i am far from you ,I hope to see you soon . Thanks for your support.

Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Erik was awesome at organizing a great spear fishing trip. He communicated the details very well to us. He wasn’t pushy and everything went smoothly. He was great and very trustworthy.

Date of experience: April 2021
erikgarciaconchal, Owner at Erik Garcia Conchal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Hello amigos . It is nice to see you here to thank you about this review . Indeed , today’s fishing trip mark an adventure that I will never forget. Have a good day and I hope to see you here in Playa Conchal again .

Reviewed 31 March 2021

Erik was really easy to find and work with. Our group was from Utah and had never been to Costa Rica before. We didn’t know where to start, and then we ran into Erik. The excursion we went on was so amazing we booked a second one! We stayed at the Westin Conchal (which is a great resort with beautiful facilities, delicious food, and friendly helpful staff- also would highly recommend) and found him as we were headed to the beach. Would definitely recommend him to find the perfect excursion for your group. He was really attentive when my husband called to arrange the details for our excursion. It’s crazy how many activities we were able to jam into the day- wow! The guys who attended to us on the actual excursion were top notch, knowledgeable, and really friendly and fun!

Date of experience: March 2021
erikgarciaconchal, Owner at Erik Garcia Conchal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

I am very happy here at the coffee shop reading your review . I am very happy your group had a good time. I can assure you I miss you guys a lot and I hope to see you guys in the near future . Thanks for those kids words and see you soon . Pura Vida .

Reviewed 31 March 2021

Erik has the best recommendations, no matter what activity! The people Erik connected me with were so knowledgeable and thrilled to share their country. I always find a local carver wherever I am in the world and commission a mask to be made for display upon my return home. It is usually quite the ordeal, but not with Erik. He immediately connected me with a carver who sent pictures and I was able to pick the type of mask(s) I wanted. I chose two and they were ready a day before agreed upon. They are beautiful and well crafted. I will always remember Costa Rica and the masks are representative of my entire trip...beauty, culture, intricate detail, fun, and inspiring! Thank you so much for your willingess to share your connections and country with others!

Date of experience: March 2021

Hola amiga . In spite of the hardships I see you had a good time in Costa Rica . I am very happy to know you amd I hope to see you in the future . Playa Conchal is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world so please comeback soon . By the way , I hope your friend is doing better . Nice to meet you

Reviewed 29 March 2021 via mobile

After reading many reviews before we headed down to Coast Rica for our third trip we knew we needed to find Eric to schedule our adventures when we got to Playa Conchal . He didn’t disappoint in planning a great river tour. Brian picked us up and was our tour guide for the day. I could write a 5 page review on how amazing he was. The river tour was so much fun, both my fiancé and I had done similar tours years ago and this was by far a million times better. A white face monkey hanging out on our boat, crocodiles feeding right next to us and some incredible birds. Brian and our captain pointed out hundreds of birds telling us what they were. The best part of the tour was Brian took some incredible pictures along the cruise. I was a little jealous watching him take such great photos since all I had was my phone, being that Brian is an incredible guide when we got back to shore he airdropped all the photos with us. Our vacation was over the Christmas holiday and knowing how important tamales are this time of year and one of my favorite things we had some in-depth conversations about Costa Rican tamales. Brian asked if we wanted to stop on our way back to the resort and pick some up, he knew the best place to get them and it was on the way. Of course I wasn’t going to miss this opportunity!!! Not only did he find us the best tamales I’ve ever eaten in my entire life, but they were hand made by his family. He didn’t want me to miss out on having authentic Costa Rican tamales so we stopped my his tias casa to pick up a plate full. I think I was in tears at what a thoughtful gesture this was.

We enjoyed Brian so much that we made arrangements for him to take us to the airport. I can’t recommend a better guide. We will be sure to use Brian and Eric again when we head down for our wedding.

Due to Covid I would be amiss if I didn’t point out how careful Brian, Eric and our boat Captain were. All of them took great precautions to ensure all of our safety. Thank you and we can’t wait to come back down.

Date of experience: December 2020
erikgarciaconchal, Owner at Erik Garcia Conchal Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2021

It is gratifying to reed your words and thoughts. Indeed , the River tour is a fantastic tour to interact with the nature. It is also nice to hear that you had a great time with Brian . Certainly, he is a beautiful person and loves his job . I am greatly your your business and I appreciate you took the tour with me . Please come back to Costa Rica .