“The best! ”

Rockdivers Costa Rica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Rock Divers Costa Rica is a unique experience in the Guanacaste province of Costa Rica. We are located in Playas Del Coco, in the heart of the North Pacific. Whether you are experienced or new to diving, we all know it's about the love of the ocean, and the unknown world that surrounds us. We would love to dive with you and and fun!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did my open water dives with rocky to finish my certification. He was patient, knowledgeable and fun. He calmed my nerves and I had the best experience. The boat is lovely and the equipment was nice and new. He accommodated my last minute booking and was quick to return my emails. The crew were great and very helpful. I’ll be back to dive with them again!

Rockdivers C, Owner at Rockdivers Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was our pleasure and see you soon!

Great Job again....

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I contacted every single PADI certified diveshop on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. I hmm'd and haw'd over where I was going to end up. I was travelling solo and didn't really know where I was going to end up. Looking at Coco, there were several dive shops to choose from so I decided to go there to complete my Open Water Certificate. I would say 90% of the locals I spoke to recommended that I dive with Rocky while the other 10% were impartial because they either didn't understand my nonexistent spanish or had never given diving a chance. I messaged Rocky to let him know I was in town and we met up at one of the restaurants so that we could make sure it was a good fit. I have never felt more confident in a person. From the dive shop to the boat (which he designed himself), everything is always in immaculate order and ready to go. His captain is quiet but funny and always cool, calm and collected. Everything about my experience made me never want to leave Costa Rica and the dive scene. Our first dive we saw sharks, rays, and beautiful coral. My oh my, Pacific lobsters galore! Butterfly Rays, Eagle Rays, you name it. Normally, I am a collector of certifications. Get them done, do it to say that I did it. Because of Rocky and the experience he gave to me, diving will easily become a lifelong hobby and passion. I have already booked my next two dives across the world. I am eager to return to Costa Rica to complete my remaining levels of certification with Rocky (as he does it all). While my dives were in low season and after Hurricane Nate I could not have asked for a better learning experience. I could honestly go on for days but I think you get the point. SEE YOU SOON ROCKDIVERS :)

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Besides the local people is Rocky's shop for diving. First, many people overlook Costa Rica's scuba diving scene. If you're not sure where to take your next dive trip give El coco a shot. While you're there do not dive with any other outfit than rockdivers. Rocky the owner knows where to go to see all the great bucket list type marine life. We did a trip to bats island for instance and saw ATLEAST 30 big ole bullsharks! 9 out of 10 times rocky knows exactly where to find sharks, giant green moray, sea turtles and much more! The other thing about rocky is he builds diving confidence for new divers. Rocky has taken what my son learned in his OW course and helped make him a great diver. If you only dive a few times a year having a guy like rocky to help knock off the rust is priceless. I have a few hundred dives and rockdivers is the best company I ever dove with. You will not be disappointed !!!!!

1  Thank ilikecoconuts1
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Diving with Rock Divers Costa Rica was a complete experience from the minute you step foot on the boat. Rocky and his captain made sure me and my mates were well entertained, as well as being kept stocked up with food and liquids! Rocky knew some great dive sites and his knowledge of when to go where was second to none. In a small number of dives, we managed to see countless mating turtles, stingrays, octopus, large schools of fish, spotted eagle rays, 3 different species of shark, including a large group of magnificent Bullsharks which had to be my favourite part, and to top it off 3 Humpback Whales just off the side of the boat on the way to one of the dive sites. Can't stress enough how much of a fun and truly bespoke experience Rock Divers produced. Would highly recommend Rock Divers to anyone who wants to experience the best the Pacific coast of Costa Rica has to offer!

Rockdivers C, Owner at Rockdivers Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

See you again Ian! Great job on your course.

Cheers

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Rocky and his captain were outstanding to my guest and I. It was just starting to pour rain in town when we escaped to the open ocean where is was just wonderful. We saw turtles, dolphins and the special islands just going for a ride! Top notch! Thank you and can't wait to be onboard again.

Rockdivers C, Owner at Rockdivers Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

We miss you too! :)