Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$79
View deal
Booking.comUS$80
Hotels.comUS$79
TravelocityUS$79
PricelineUS$89
Orbitz.comUS$79
eDreamsUS$80
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2019

As Americans we forget that not everything is at our fingertips and we go to another country. With that said. You have to have the amenities that people advertise such as propane in the gas grill, Wi-Fi internet, and how about locking doors. Those are just some things that are a must when you advertise them. You should never have any trouble. Ther main issue is it was listed by a company who knows nothing about the property. The pool they sent me pictures of was of someone else's...somewhere else in another location. Not the one we were staying at. With all that said though we did everything we could to make it work and we did just fine. But I'm sure there's better updated locations even though the view was amazing.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Bonnie W
Reviewed 7 October 2019

This is a great location with beautiful bay views from the rooms and outdoor balcony. Sunrise scenes were amazing. The private beach was very pleasant with wonderful swimming, and the beautiful Playa Flamingo is within walking distance. The manager was always available and very helpful with local recommendations and also helped when we had communication issues with a tour company. I would give this place 3 1/2 stars, but aren't able to give 1/2 stars on the Trip Adviser reviews. WiFi was only available in the lobby and pool area, but free. There is a lot of potential for this location, it would take some investment, but this could be a 5 star resort.

Room tip: There may be some construction, ask for quiet room
Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019

I'll break down this review based on pros and cons. Pros/cons on what the owner of the condo has/can do with respect to the property.

Pros- the location is very close to several small beaches. Playa Potrero, Brasilito and Conchal are all within a 10-15min drive. Neither of those beaches was crowded.
Tamarindo was barely a 30min drive away. More eating choices and shopping there. Playa Langosta in Tamarindo was an awesome beach with more people. The town is pretty much a tourist trap but you should expect that
The condo itself(#612) is right off the beach, great views and enough space for me, the wife and our two adult kids.
The condo was well stocked with dishes all though we chose not to cook during our stay. Washer/dryer also were a pretty nice amenity.
The owners put a great deal of money in upgrading each of the 3 restrooms and the kitchen.
Only two TVs, one in the master bedroom and one in the living area. We didn't come to watch TV so this wasn't an issue.
Balcony in the master bedroom and the large balcony in the living room were awesome.
Both king beds in the master and 2nd bedroom were pretty comfortable.
Quite resort, barely anyone there during our stay. There was onsite "security". Guys in blue t-shirts that kept track on people coming and going. The images posted of the condo are filtered but for the most part are accurate. I'll post more in my "cons" section
Cons- The walls need a fresh coat of paint. I understand we're in the tropics and right on the beach but the walls look weathered and should be painted every couple of years.
The linens most be updated. The amount of money spent on renovating the bathrooms and kitchen shows the owners understand how important those rooms are for a quality vacation. The towels were hard and remind me of cheap gym towels from high school. Some had stains and one that was on display appeared to have melted plastic stuck to it. Imagine finding that out while you're drying off!
The bed linens were old as well. in the master bed room the fitted sheet had napped up and the blanket had stains on it. Very unsightly.
The 3rd bedroom with the twin beds were incredibly hard. I don't recall ever feeling a bed harder.
There was a closet with all kinds of cleaning solutions in it. That just isn't a good look. I stopped investigating what was in it out of fear I'd find Ant/roach killer!
The laundry room housing the washer/dryer had mold spores in it. That needs to be taken care of asap.
The railing on the main balcony was loose and could come apart if a heavier person leans on it.
The couch in the living room looks soiled. We spent less than 20mins on that couch the whole week we were there. We had to layer it with bed sheets to avoid looking at the condition of the couch. Some sort of cover, steam cleaning or replacement is in order.
The A/C unit in the worked fine for the first 24hrs we were there and that was it. It was spotty at best and kept giving us an error message, E1. Coming from south Texas we're used to heat but man, when you want cool air you just want cool air! The unit kept going out and we'd have to turn it off and wait sometimes hours for it to work.
The wifi was also spotty but hey, that's what we have unlimited data for!
Another "con" was the "resort" itself. This is out of the condo owner's control. The resort was a ghost town. Not sure how many units were available but there were probably no more than 20 people there our entire visit. May being the rainy season could explain that. The famous Monkey Bar was closed, the pool looked abandoned and there was nothing I could see that the resort offered. If you book a room through the resort good luck, booking a privately owned condo here is the best way to go. Just don't expect any "resort amenities".
In all, I give the condo 4/5 due to the location and the work the owners put into it. I wanted to give it 3 but they did make the bathrooms and kitchen feel modern. The biggest issues are some gaps in the walls, the linens, the couch, the chem room and the mold in the laundry area. They take care of those things and they could price this condo at a premium due to its location!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MPR1998
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at this charming resort. Comfortable clean accommodations, private sandy beach, water views with cooling breezes, friendly helpful staff, far from the maddening crowds but accessibly close to nightlife, shopping, dining and beaches. Can not wait to return !

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Passenger784059
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

This place was so picturesque, The pictures I have seen online and even the ones I took don’t do it justice ! The way the soft breezes hit the lobby as you overlook the pool below and ocean past it, is magical.

The staff there was always helpful and kind and the location could not be beat.... needless to say I’m looking forward to my return!

Date of stay: March 2019