21 people are viewing this hotel
US$140
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
US$170
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hurb
US$79
PricelineUS$170
Hotels.comUS$140
TravelocityUS$140
All reviews italian restaurant banana wind pool bar all inclusive package costa rica pura vida game room buffet style bunk beds beautiful beach sloth sanctuary activities director restaurant staff food and drinks large pool hot springs pool side
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2022

Beautiful beach. Everything was super clean and they were serious about covid protocols which made us very comfortable. The wait staff deserves a big shout out for how helpful and personaable they are. The 5 oclock somewhere has delicious food loved the fish tacos and drinks. Banana winds has amazing servers.

Only con is the communication at the front desk. I wanted to go to tamarindo for a day to take a surf lesson and I thought it would be easy to set up a car to come and drop me off and pick me up. I talked to the front desk they said it would be no problem and that I could charge the car to my room. All I needed was the specific location I was going to be dropped off so they could tell the driver. Once I got that information I returned to the front desk to give it to them. Only to be told they didn't need that info and I would just tell the driver when he came to pick me up. The next day when I went down a little before the pick up time and when we spoke to the front desk they asked us the same questions(when did we want to be picked up where were we going?) This is when we realized the car had never been ordered. If they had just told us to come down ahead of time day of for them to call a car we wouldn't have cared, but we thought the car was going to be there. When the car finally did arrive he didnt know that we had wanted to charge it our room and had to go back to the front desk to deal with that. I chalked all this up to a fluke or some sort of miscommunication.
However, after a great day in tamarindo I return to the pick up location a few minutes before the scheduled pick up time. I'm waiting 15 minutes and still no car so I decide to call the hotel. They say they will call the driver and call me back. After 10 minutes I don't hear from them so I call them again and a different person answers and puts me on hold for a minute. She says I wasn't there at my pick up time so the driver left. They did organize for a van to come pick us up 40 minutes later, but I was very frustrated that after I called they knew that the driver had left wasn't coming back and we were standing on the side of the road with no way back to playa flamingo waiting for their call and they made no effort to contact us.
All the tourism Van's look the same. There wasnt any sign in the window or anything to distinguish it from the others. Turned out it was different driver who was parked in a different location so we really had no way of recognizing him or he us. I can understand that but didnt appreciate it being insinuated I wasn't where I was supposed to be on time.

I had previously chalked up the many mix ups we had and the negative interactions we had with people at the front desk who treated you like a chore to a busy week, it was New Years, but after this it was hard not to see it as a larger issue.

The beach here is beautiful and the water is warm with waves and a great sunset. And another shout out to security who helped us with beach chairs every morning.

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank travelingheart614
Rosaura Navarro, Owner at Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2022

Dear Travelingheart614,
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so pleased to receive your positive feedback and will share it with our entire team. . We are so sorry that you had a problem with the transportation we will work with our team to resolve this issues. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your visit and hope to see you again in the near future.

Guest service

Reviewed 7 January 2022

My husband, 10 year old son, 8 year old daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful week long stay over Christmas at Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo! December falls during the dry season, and every day we had beautiful weather. There were iguanas and racoons on the property that provided entertainment for our animal loving family (be careful of the Grackle birds at night as they congregate in the palm trees and can poop on the pool chairs below!). They are wild animals, so we enjoyed them from afar. We upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite which was better than the original bedroom with the two bunk beds I think. Our room had a wrap around balcony, and the sunsets were beautiful! The pool was great, as was the G wearo drink (I know that I'm spelling that wrong) that Manuel made us every day at the pool bar (delicious if you like rum, citrus and Fresca). The beach and the waves were so much fun! It is a public beach so there are people selling things, but definitely not pushy at all. We bought the Abbott test kits for the COVID rapid before we left, and that option was cheaper than going through the hotel, but they do offer COVID testing there as well. If you do opt to bring your own test kit, upgrade your WiFi for the day, and bring extra kits. The staff at Margaritaville are all VERY COVID cautious which I appreciated. Masks were required when walking around the restaurants, but not at the table. Masks were not required by the pool, but were required by the pool bar when ordering.

3  Thank Sunshne43

Dear Sunshe43,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are very glad to know you were pleased with your overall stay. We look forward to hosting your stay once again and continuing to meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions or concerns.

Reviewed 5 January 2022

Let me first say, we have been so fortunate to vacation as a family all over the world so I don't say this lightly.

Playa Flamingo on it's own is filled with stunning scenery and is home to an amazing beach experience. That said, the trip was made truly remarkable by the resort and it's incredible staff. At every turn, you're greeted by a friendly smile of a staff member. I read comments about the resort being an older resort and not up to the standards of the Margaritaville name, but I disagree. This resort is really great, the food was fantastic and I mist shout out the Italian restaurant and it's staff members Jaime and Jeanneth. If you're staying at the resort, you'd be crazy not to eat there as often as you can book. They're truly great.

Room tip: ask for a room with a balcony. but they're all nice.
1  Thank JkCard
Rosaura Navarro, Owner at Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2022

Dear JkCard,
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so pleased to receive your positive feedback and will share it with our entire team. We appreciate your staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2022

This is not the same quality of resort you would expect with the Margaritaville name. It is an older 3 star hotel that Margaritaville just slapped their name on. The rooms are outdated and found live roaches in our bathroom. The food and restaurants are below the Margaritaville resorts standard . The location is beautiful and hotel staff were friendly and helpful buit we found that to be true of all the Costa Ricans we met on our vacation

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Experience6131
Rosaura Navarro, Owner at Margaritaville Beach Resort Playa Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2022

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments, Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate departments so that they may be addressed

Reviewed 31 December 2021

My husband and I and another couple spent 8 days at Margaritaville from Dec 4 to Dec 12, 2021. The drive from LIR airport was approximately 1 hour. Once we arrived there it was later in the day so checking in was quite smooth. We checked into our rooms and went down to the buffet to grab a bit to eat. The flowing day we spent the day at the beach and pool. The service was great and our lunch which we had most days were spent around the pool. The pool bar staff where really amazing and our food was served quickly. There was one day that it was a slower than normal and that was because it was much busier hence why the service was slower. This particular resort has a great area where weddings and other events would take place such as graduations and other private events.
We did however have a very unfortunate accident on the 3rd day. We were all in the ocean when some larger waves came crashing down on my husband resulting in a dislocated shoulder. We immediately got him back upto the resort where the staff where trying to make him comfortable until a doctor arrived. In the meatime there happened to be a Orthopedic surgeon vacationing with his family that assisted in getting the shoulder back into place. All the while the staff team at the hotel were absolutely amazing and never let our sight. Under these circumstances we truly couldn’t have asked for a better team of people.

My husband and I were taken to the emergency clinic via ambulance where he had x-rays and even the staff at the clinic were also amazing. Once back at the hotel the staff kept checking in on us to ensure were had wherever we required to make the balance of our stay more comfortable. It sure was so comforting to know we were in good hands.

Putting all that aside, our overall stay was amazing. The food and beverages and most importantly the staff were awesome. We did the all-inclusive package but this hotel also offers a European package (no food or drinks are included) There is however, lots of restaurants and places to eat and there are also nearby beaches to go to for local meals etc.

Just a couple con’s. The bus arrived super early to take us back to the Airport so we were given very little time to get packed or even to spend a few more hours around the pool. We felt a little rushed trying to get our luggage ready within 20 min. Also, as a requirement returning back to Canada we had to schedule our PCR appointment at our hotel and it turned out that several other people also had to exact appointment time as us and they were not even staying at the hotel. That whole process took 1.5 hours so we not too impressed with the amount time standing around waiting for others to get their test done. There were a lot of unhappy people in that line.

A special thanks to:
- Marjorie
- Elias
- Adriana

Overall our stay was very pleasant and we would for sure return back to Margaritaville!

2  Thank Elyse B