Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2019

We were in Costa Rica for 2 weeks and had passed this place many times whizzing by on a golf cart. We did not stay there, so I can't speak to the rooms. We never saw the bar crowded, but maybe we just didn't catch it at the right time.
It was a Thursday evening and it was very quiet, about 7 people. It overlooks the marina and has cute nautical decor. The server was friendly. I was bummed that they only had red wine, no white. The liquor display behind the bar was very sparse. I think we have more at home! My spouse had his usual rum and Coke.
We like more lively places, but if you want to talk, this is your place.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The manager Max made our visit so warm and happy. We were right in the center of Flamingo, with easy access to restaurants and a quick ride to the beach where we could snorkel a bit.
The pool was so refreshing, and the bar/restaurant out in the open balcony had the buzz of folks enjoying themselves early in the evening .

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2017

So I am using Yuplon to book two nights with them. Since Feb 2017 I had to stalk them for a reservation, they confirmed it over the phone, but never to my email. When I called back they said there was no space left and did not accomodate me either. The time passed and I never got a confirmation nor a refund. They literally stole from me.
PLEASE JUST DONT...

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mafe112017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Have stayed here many times and never with reservation. Just walk-in. Rooms are clean and have plenty of hot water. A/C has been upgraded and the few minor plumbing problems we encountered in the past have been fixed since the new ownership took over one year ago. If you want a clean, inexpensive place to stay at Playa Flamingo, with friendly staff and good, reasonable restaurant this is your place.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Unfortunately it appears that the old owners sold the property and the new management has a lot of ineptitude. I made my reservation with at least a month in advance knowing it was the beginning of Semana Santa. The rates are not the same as online, much higher. I was given a quote of $90 per night but was told at the time of making the reservation to call back a week or so before to see if the rates would be better.

I called a week before and was actually told that they raised the room rate from $90 to $120 and if I still wanted the reservation. I was a bit upset and spoke with a manager who agreed to give me the $90 rate if I paid for half of the stay upfront.

Upon check in there were some gringos asking about getting a room, but management told them they did not have any rooms for that night but yes for the following at $85....Clearly they don't know their rates.

We stayed in the hotel because I was participating in the Xterra Tri in Conchal. I knew this was usually a quiet hotel so I would be able to rest. Nope. Reggaeton blasting in the bar at all hours. And some attempt at making the bar a dance club on a Saturday evening.

I was also told before I called that breakfast was included in the rate, which made it a little more comforting, however of course at the time of ordering we were told it was only for those that got their package with Yuplon.

There has been no room renovation or any type of improvements to the facilities, with the new hike in prices with the exceptions of a fresh layer of paint.

We will now have to find a new place for our suture visits which is disappointing.

Date of stay: April 2017