Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$96
Hotels.comUS$96
TravelocityUS$96
PricelineUS$96
Official SiteUS$100
FindHotelUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020

My wife and I just got home last night from Casas del Toro in Playa Flamingo and we are so happy we made this choice for our vacation. We usually choose 4 or 5 star all-inclusives but we have always found them sterile and lacking in any true local feel. My wife booked us into Casas del Toro and I originally had some trepidation as we didn't know for sure what we would find in this resort or the trip in general. What we experienced was an absolute delight from check-in to checkout wherever we went. Muni greeted us at reception and made us feel at home. Our room (#7) was clean, in good repair and spacious with a/c in the sitting area and bedroom. The grounds were beautiful, the pool big enough for laps and the included Costa Rican breakfast delicious. Everyone here is friendly, helpful and welcoming. The other guests are also friendly and happy to share tips about where to eat or visit and it's worth noting that many are repeat visitors. Ask Muni or Leo about places to eat (the local sodas were our favourite spots). We rented a golf cart (from Pablo at ECCR) instead of a car and it got us to all the neighbouring beaches and was MUCH more fun. The local bus also stops in front of Casas and it will take you to those places if you wish. I really have NO negatives that I can think of about our time in Costa Rica. If there was something not right it was a "first world problem"- suck it up. Thank you Muni, Leo, Laura, Deja, Isaac and everyone else at Casas del Toro. For the first time ever in our travels we plan to return.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank distractedasalways
CASASDELTORO, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Casas del Toro - Playa Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Diane and David, we are so pleased to hear that you both enjoyed your stay here in Flamingo. We aspire to create a unique, familiar, and comfortable experience for all of our visitors. We are also glad that you took advantage of the beautiful grounds and were able to visit the surrounding areas.The kindness and friendliness of guests like you is a big part of what makes Casas del Toro so great. We could not be happier to hear that you all had such a pleasant vacation and we would love to see you again. Please come and visit us again soon!

The Casas del Toro Team.

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

I have just stayed with my family (group of 9). 6 comments on our stay: 1-) Upon check in, I found in the room the dirty cups of coffee of the previous customer (half way filled), and when I gave them to the Reception, Receptionist mentioned they were left because they “were in a hurry to give us the rooms”.... (Side comment we never pressure to have the rooms ready before the check in time, moreover is no excuse to receive a clean room upon check in...). 2-) we stayed for the New Year’s Eve dinner, confirmed weeks before the number of parties for the dinner. At dinner, food was served at different times (i.e, appetizers came first for some and late for other), drinks came after appetizers (after a friendly reminder) and before 22:00, without having ordered dessert, we were told the kitchen was closed and we had to pay.....this was our “lovely” New Year’s Eve dinner....Upon check out I informed the receptionist about the situation and her only comment was “que pena” (what a pity...). 3-) breakfast was not good, we have old tortillas served on the second day of our stay. 4-) sink in one of the rooms was dirty with grease/oil, from previous customer. 5-) they never charge the coffee in my room and my sisters ‘ room was never filled with coffee again, even if we had the cups. 6-) dirty pillows in my brother in laws room. I do not think they are prepared nor have a client service orientation. I would not recommend it, nor would come back.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Dani21CRC
CASASDELTORO, Guest Relations Manager at Casas del Toro - Playa Flamingo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2020

Dear Dani,

Thank you very much for your review about your stay at Casas del Toro. We would like to apologize for your negative experience in our hotel. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to improve our service with each stay. Unfortunately mistakes happen, but thanks to your attention to these issues we have implemented a new room check procedure in which rooms are checked by our manager. We are also in the process of reorganizing the restaurant, so that our guests can enjoy the restaurant in the evenings. We understand your disappointment and want you to know that we are trying our best to grow and create a comfortable and pleasurable experience for all our guests. Please consider visiting us again and do not hesitate to contacting me person directly for your reservation at sales@casasdeltoro.com, my name is Munira and it would be my pleasure to assist you if you do decide to visit us again.

At your service,
Munira

Reviewed 14 September 2019 via mobile

The resort is gorgeous, tranquil and has exceeded our every expectation! The service is top-notch, the villas are comfortable and beautiful, the breakfast is very rich and filling and the grounds (including the pool) is very well taken care of! We would not hesitate to return here again!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

This was one of the best experiences of my life! The staff was amazing. The facilities beautiful, spacious and homey. I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere! The pool was clean and refreshing. The food was magnificent!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2019

We stayed here our first couple of nights when we arrived in Costa Rica this time, we have friends who live outside of Huacas and wanted a place close by. Upon arriving we were immediately impressed by the grounds, the check in was smooth and our room was excellent. The restaurant serves a free breakfast every morning and we had lunch there one day. The location is great only a little over a mile to playa flamingo which boast one of the most beautiful sunsets you'll experience.

Date of stay: April 2019