“Snorkelling trip with Luis was highlight of visit to Tamarindo”
Review of Arenas Adventures

Arenas Adventures
Ranked #48 of 122 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Arenas Adventures is a Tour Operator, with a 12 years experiencen in the area of Tamarindo Beach in Costa Rica. We have Surf Lessons, kayak trips, ATV trips, ziplines and a lot more fun activities to keep your vacations active and we will show you the best of Costa Rica. We are really felxible and have the best quality of service and we do really care and make all the efforts to exced your expectations and more.
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We rented the boat with Luis to take us snorkelling, and loved it so much we went a second time. Kids 12 and 14. We got taken to a couple of places to snorkel, Luis checking the water for clarity to find us a perfect spot. We saw so much, from puffer fish to star fish, needle fish, rays, angel fish, parrot fish, and Luis was great at finding things for us, and changing the trip to suit what we wanted. Plentiful cold drinks supplied and nothing was too much trouble. Also had a go at paddle boarding in a cove with calm waters. Thoroughly recommend.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"guide"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My kids were dying to learn to surf, and our travel agent scheduled private lessons for them at Arenas Adventures. When we got there, Randall Vines met us with a smile, promised he would take great care of the kids, and said that his instructor would have them up and surfing in minutes. Randall proved my skepticism wrong, as my kids were literally up and surfing within minutes of hitting the beach! The first instructor - named Eli (who I would highly recommend asking for by name) - was patient with my kids, made learning fun, and did a great job of teaching them to surf. He was personable, spoke perfect English, and went out of his way to ensure everyone had fun during the outing. In addition, when the waves picked up and the surf spot became very crowded, he brought the kids in, as he wanted to ensure their safety.
When we returned, Arenas Adventures gave the kids free ice cream (always a hit) from the ice cream and juice bar onsite. We also found that they had a really cool skate and surf shop with good prices directly onsite. We had the chance to hang out with Eli afterwards at Longboards (a Costa Rican BBQ restaurant nearby we would highly recommend), who told us more about the area, what to do, and what to see.

We were so impressed with Tamarindo and Arenas Adventures, that we went back the next day (spur of the moment decision and without an appointment) in hopes of getting further instruction for the kids or to rent surfboards for the day. Once again, we experienced great customer service, as Arenas Adventures got us another great instructor (Bismark), who took the kids out for another 90-minute surf lesson and excursion, which was great. When we returned, the kids again got ice cream, and I got the chance to talk with Randall. After talking to Randall, I wish we had had more time or at least planned better, as Arenas has a fleet of brand new Honda Dirt Bikes for rent CHEAP ($49 for a 24-hour period), and there are great places to ride. They also offer ATV tours that looked excellent. We ended up hanging out there for awhile before our dinner reservation at Pangas (which was about a 15-minute walk down a busy ride), and Randall even offered to take my family of 4 to the restaurant on ATVs.

There are a lot of places to book things through in Tamarindo, but I cannot imagine any being equal to or better than Arenas Adventures. My family had a blast with the experience, the service and people were great, and the memories they helped us make will last me a lifetime. If you want to experience the Coastal area of Costa Rica and the people, then there is no place better to do so than Arenas Adventures.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I rented a dual sport Honda 250 for a day and was not disappointed. You pay $50 for 24 hours, which is a lot more reasonable than renting a car around Tamarindo. I put over 100 miles on it exploring the countryside and that bike held up perfectly. They keep them in good condition and make renting a breeze, you just need a credit card and a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Only downside is they give you bicycle helmet, but I can totally understand why they wouldn't give out full blown expensive motorcycle helmets when people will probably drop them and damage them all the time. Employees here were honest and helpful, and they offer roadside assistance in case of a break down.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We used Areans to rent a motorcycle for the day, do a jungle ATV tour, and then finish up with some ziplines.

The ATV tour is fast and the guides are great about not limiting you on how fast you can go. While on the ATV tour the guides took time to show us local wild life and they drove us up to get a great view of the entire area. There were a few noob drivers on our tour that stalled and our guides were great about heading over to help them get unstuck. I highly recommend them for the ATV tour. The ziplines are nothing great but they're worth doing. The ziplines are 7 fast lines and a good climb up to one tree (Like rock climbing) to start your final descent. Overall for the price of the tour we got good value out of the tour. I'm taking one point off the rating because several of the ATV's only had one working break which is a little disconcerting when going down some of the downhills.

The motorcycle rental was just a basic rental for the day to go drive around the trails and explore the area. The motorcycle was well maintained.

1  Thank mattsos