“Excellent Service”
Review of Arenas Adventures

Arenas Adventures
Ranked #43 of 111 Tours in Tamarindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Arenas Adventures is a Tour Operator, with a 12 years experiencen in the area of Tamarindo Beach in Costa Rica. We have Surf Lessons, kayak trips, ATV trips, ziplines and a lot more fun activities to keep your vacations active and we will show you the best of Costa Rica. We are really felxible and have the best quality of service and we do really care and make all the efforts to exced your expectations and more.
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

If you are traveling to Tamarindo, visit Randall at Arenas Adventures. Kiosk-type office on one of the main two streets downtown. Nicest person, like most of the Costa Rican people, and super helpful with great suggestions on things to do. Thanks again!

All reviews
"paddle boarding"
in 5 reviews
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I was slightly put off by other reviews, but this was only one available for us at the time we wanted - a plus in itself as they were so flexible.
It proved an exhilarating experience. Safety was taken very seriously with good pre talk and accompanies test ride.
We were lucky to have brand new machines, and we were off through the jungle on a challenging ride, but always at our own pace- the guide adjusted his speed to suit us and helpfully provided tips on gears and breaking to cope with particular Katy challenging sections.
I might have worried that it would prove too tame, but not all- windy barely notice table paths led through the jungle to create a really exciting trip. We plumped for an hour which seemed just right length

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We rented the boat with Luis to take us snorkelling, and loved it so much we went a second time. Kids 12 and 14. We got taken to a couple of places to snorkel, Luis checking the water for clarity to find us a perfect spot. We saw so much, from puffer fish to star fish, needle fish, rays, angel fish, parrot fish, and Luis was great at finding things for us, and changing the trip to suit what we wanted. Plentiful cold drinks supplied and nothing was too much trouble. Also had a go at paddle boarding in a cove with calm waters. Thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My kids were dying to learn to surf, and our travel agent scheduled private lessons for them at Arenas Adventures. When we got there, Randall Vines met us with a smile, promised he would take great care of the kids, and said that his instructor would have them up and surfing in minutes. Randall proved my skepticism wrong, as my kids were literally up and surfing within minutes of hitting the beach! The first instructor - named Eli (who I would highly recommend asking for by name) - was patient with my kids, made learning fun, and did a great job of teaching them to surf. He was personable, spoke perfect English, and went out of his way to ensure everyone had fun during the outing. In addition, when the waves picked up and the surf spot became very crowded, he brought the kids in, as he wanted to ensure their safety.
When we returned, Arenas Adventures gave the kids free ice cream (always a hit) from the ice cream and juice bar onsite. We also found that they had a really cool skate and surf shop with good prices directly onsite. We had the chance to hang out with Eli afterwards at Longboards (a Costa Rican BBQ restaurant nearby we would highly recommend), who told us more about the area, what to do, and what to see.

We were so impressed with Tamarindo and Arenas Adventures, that we went back the next day (spur of the moment decision and without an appointment) in hopes of getting further instruction for the kids or to rent surfboards for the day. Once again, we experienced great customer service, as Arenas Adventures got us another great instructor (Bismark), who took the kids out for another 90-minute surf lesson and excursion, which was great. When we returned, the kids again got ice cream, and I got the chance to talk with Randall. After talking to Randall, I wish we had had more time or at least planned better, as Arenas has a fleet of brand new Honda Dirt Bikes for rent CHEAP ($49 for a 24-hour period), and there are great places to ride. They also offer ATV tours that looked excellent. We ended up hanging out there for awhile before our dinner reservation at Pangas (which was about a 15-minute walk down a busy ride), and Randall even offered to take my family of 4 to the restaurant on ATVs.

There are a lot of places to book things through in Tamarindo, but I cannot imagine any being equal to or better than Arenas Adventures. My family had a blast with the experience, the service and people were great, and the memories they helped us make will last me a lifetime. If you want to experience the Coastal area of Costa Rica and the people, then there is no place better to do so than Arenas Adventures.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I rented a dual sport Honda 250 for a day and was not disappointed. You pay $50 for 24 hours, which is a lot more reasonable than renting a car around Tamarindo. I put over 100 miles on it exploring the countryside and that bike held up perfectly. They keep them in good condition and make renting a breeze, you just need a credit card and a motorcycle endorsement on your license. Only downside is they give you bicycle helmet, but I can totally understand why they wouldn't give out full blown expensive motorcycle helmets when people will probably drop them and damage them all the time. Employees here were honest and helpful, and they offer roadside assistance in case of a break down.