Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,274 results
All reviews monkey bar costa rica swim up bar pool deck ocean view surf school queen bed great pool howler monkeys trevor adolfo sols bw town housekeeper surfing instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2022 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a good view to the sea. The reasons I am giving it three stars are that there was no fridge in the room, which is important when the temperature outside is in the mid-thirties Centegrade, and although the bed was nice and large, the sheets did not fit very well.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2022

We have been to this place 3-4 separate times and absolutely love the view from the pool deck, not to mention most of the rooms. It overlooks the Ocean as well as the entrance to the Estuary. The pool is always spotless and the swim up bar is excellent. Staff are wonderful, especially Maricruz! We are right across from the Ocean and that gorgeous Tamarindo beach! You can walk out of your room and within 5-10 minutes you can access many bars and restaurants and wonderful shops. Love this place.

Date of stay: February 2022
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 1 February 2022

I am rating the BW Tamarindo a solid 4 and that is a good thing. This is a great place to stay proving your expectation is not a luxury hotel but rather a clean, friendly and convenient "middle of the food chain" hotel. First the negatives

- Weak wifi: I dont recommend it if you need to work remote, that was my case and was lucky I had strong cell signal so I used my hotspot
-Noisy bed (but it was comfortable). I can see this could be a problem for some couples lol
-Balcony was great but not very private: just think you are at a restaurant with your neighbors. This could be fixed easily with some natrural divider like plants between rooms.
-Monkey Bar was closed for events so I had quiet nights but beware even the hotel warns that there could be noise up to 2 am, we will see after Covid how it goes

Now the positives which there are a lot
- Clean , kind of up to date rooms, even if the outside of the hotel looks aged
-Quiet AC!
-Simple but nice breakfast delivered on time to your room
-Great partial ocean view from balcony rooms, more awesome from pool area
-Cant get more convenient than just walking 2 min to the beach, access across the road, nice stroll into town to all the shops and restaurants
-Safe feeling of the area
-AWESOME friendly staff, no attitude here!

I recommend 100% provided you take into account the negatives like the wi fi situation.

Room tip: 2nd floor balcony rooms or away from the pool
Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 2 January 2022

What a perfect place to stay right near the beach and with the amenities of being able to cook in your room as well. The pool is beautiful and is a rooftop pool with a little waterfall and pool bar to purchase drinks. The gym was great and had everything you needed to get a workout in for those who are into that while travelling.

The price was right for the stay which included a great breakfast daily. My family stayed here while I attended Spanish school in Tamarindo. The people who work there are fantastic. I especially admired the hard work and dedication to keeping my family happy from Melissa, Sabrina, & Evelyn. Melissa and Sabrina assisted everyday with serving food and it was great to practice my Spanish and allow them to practice their English with the daily conversations we had. Evelyn was quick to assist with a couple of kitchen supplies I required to make a Costa Rican specialty in my villa. All three employees should be commended for their happiness, assistance, and hard work to make the holiday for myself, my partner and my six year old daughter memorable.

Muchisimas gracias, chicas! And thank you to Best Western Tamarindo!

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Crystal W
Reviewed 12 December 2021 via mobile

I stayed 6 weeks in one of the Best Western Villas and I was extremely sad to leave. The reason being is that Trevor’s staff made me feel like part of their family.

Every morning when I had breakfast Sabrina, Andres, Evelyn and one other senorita (can’t remember her name) were so friendly and accommodating. Sabrina always took the time each morning to help me learn Spanish, and Evelyn and Andres shared stories about their lives with me. Great young adults in every way.

My housekeeper, Mariluz often surprised me with towel art and kept my villa immaculate.

The reception staff of Maricruz, Osmar, Adolfo and Kenny constantly keep me laughing with their humor and were helpful anytime I needed assistance. One day I helped train Kenny on his first day on the job to make sure he had adequate knowledge of English in order to perform at a high level. He passed with flying colors!

When I come back to Costa Rica next year the only place I will stay is at the Best Western!

Aqui es donde está mi familia!

Date of stay: November 2021