Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,274 results
All reviews monkey bar costa rica swim up bar pool deck ocean view surf school queen bed great pool howler monkeys trevor adolfo sols bw town housekeeper surfing instructor
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2022

For the price it can't get better than this. The staff from front desk to housekeepers, groundskeeper and restaurant and bar staff is fabulous. Melissa and Andres in bar thank you, and thank you to all of you. The front desk gave us an amazing room and remembered us and assisted us with all our needs. The view was beyond breath taking. The food and drinks and amenities were great. There is nothing that was wrong with anything.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2022

My family of 5 stayed in the Surf Shack (room 199) for 10 nights and would NOT recommend this chalet. But everything else in this hotel is very nice. This chalet is needing an update-old curtains falling down, bed frames cracked, dirty old couch, hot plate rusted. My sister stayed in the ocean view room and it was very clean, bright and updated-lovely! The hotel is in a perfect location for those wanting to surf. We had lessons from the surf school provided onsite. Eric was awesome-he provided us with a surf board for the remaining of our stay. Beautiful sunset views from the pool deck, all the staff tried their best to assist with any requests. Kenny Sanchez is one particular team member that was exceptional. Thank you again Kenny!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 26 February 2022 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with a good view to the sea. The reasons I am giving it three stars are that there was no fridge in the room, which is important when the temperature outside is in the mid-thirties Centegrade, and although the bed was nice and large, the sheets did not fit very well.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2022

We have been to this place 3-4 separate times and absolutely love the view from the pool deck, not to mention most of the rooms. It overlooks the Ocean as well as the entrance to the Estuary. The pool is always spotless and the swim up bar is excellent. Staff are wonderful, especially Maricruz! We are right across from the Ocean and that gorgeous Tamarindo beach! You can walk out of your room and within 5-10 minutes you can access many bars and restaurants and wonderful shops. Love this place.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 1 February 2022

I am rating the BW Tamarindo a solid 4 and that is a good thing. This is a great place to stay proving your expectation is not a luxury hotel but rather a clean, friendly and convenient "middle of the food chain" hotel. First the negatives

- Weak wifi: I dont recommend it if you need to work remote, that was my case and was lucky I had strong cell signal so I used my hotspot
-Noisy bed (but it was comfortable). I can see this could be a problem for some couples lol
-Balcony was great but not very private: just think you are at a restaurant with your neighbors. This could be fixed easily with some natrural divider like plants between rooms.
-Monkey Bar was closed for events so I had quiet nights but beware even the hotel warns that there could be noise up to 2 am, we will see after Covid how it goes

Now the positives which there are a lot
- Clean , kind of up to date rooms, even if the outside of the hotel looks aged
-Quiet AC!
-Simple but nice breakfast delivered on time to your room
-Great partial ocean view from balcony rooms, more awesome from pool area
-Cant get more convenient than just walking 2 min to the beach, access across the road, nice stroll into town to all the shops and restaurants
-Safe feeling of the area
-AWESOME friendly staff, no attitude here!

I recommend 100% provided you take into account the negatives like the wi fi situation.

Room tip: 2nd floor balcony rooms or away from the pool
Date of stay: January 2022