Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews seasons restaurant costa rica boutique hotel in town minute walk i highly recommend this hotel rooms are nice breakfast was included san jose tamarindo beach richard bungalow iguanas trees nightlife cabana roads
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2022 via mobile

I’m so happy we chose Hotel Arco Iris!

Breakfast was included and they have three options- eggs, pancakes or fruit bowl. We tried and loved all 3 options!

The location is perfect because it’s slightly removed from the noisy traffic of town yet everywhere is close enough to walk to. Walking at night is safe as well!

The staff at the hotel were so sweet and friendly!

The pool is clean and the perfect temperature! Just know, if you’re looking for a cocktail during the day, no one is on staff to make a drink until the restaurant opens at night.

We stayed in one of the bungalows and it was cute and very clean. The AC and fan worked great! It needs a little decor updating in the bedroom but nothing crazy. The bathroom is nice and the shower is very spacious! We stayed in room #2 and the water pressure for the shower was pretty weak. As a warning, you cannot flush toilet paper, you have to throw it out in a garbage bin which does have a lid.

The hotel also has a restaurant at night which is a lovely hidden gem and the food is delicious!

Nothing to do with the hotel but…
1. Just know that Tamarindo is very touristy and people will try to sell you things on the beach (whistles, cigars, jewelry, coconut water, etc) nonstop! Also, you can’t leave anything on the beach so it’s a bit of a bummer if you want to go in the water at the same time as the person you’re with
2. Surf boards are available for rent right by the beach. We rented at this place across from Iguanas and it was only $10 per board, per day!
3. Chairs and umbrellas are available on the beach and can be purchased for $20 (2 chairs, 1 umbrella). We did this almost everyday and felt like it was worth it!
3. Food and drinks are just as expensive as a metropolitan city in the US.
3. Definitely have Colones for your trip to Costa Rica because no one ever gives you the right change back if you give them American dollars.

Overall: If you’re staying in Tamarindo, I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 29 March 2022

Room was very clean, hotel was quiet and beds were comfortable which provided a good nights sleep. Pool area is nice and breakfast each day was good and a relaxing vibe. I would ask for a room on the second floor if available, and if your travelling with small children, the walk to the beach is through a fairly busy area and I would not necessarily recommend. The walk for adults is no big deal. All in, not a bad choice that gets you away from the noise and bustle of the main beach area.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 30 January 2022 via mobile

My favorite hotel is tamarindo and I have stayed 5 times now. The staff is incredibly nice, laid back atmosphere and perfect location. Wonderful restaurant on site, very clean rooms and great little pool area. I can’t wait for my next visit to this place.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2022 via mobile

This hotel is a very short walk from the main strip in Tamarindo. We loved that it was walking distance to everything but removed from the noise and traffic of hotels on the beach. The room was clean and had everything we needed including AC. We loved the balcony for watching birds, iguanas and squirrels in the trees. We didn’t use the pool during our stay but it looked amazing and there are cabanas and chairs right by the bar and restaurant for getting drinks and food service. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We had a delicious breakfast each morning with traditional rice, beans, eggs and fruit that was some of the best I’ve ever had. We’ll definitely stay here again.

2  Thank LoosenYourRoots
Reviewed 11 January 2022 via mobile

The staff is really friendly and helpful! It’s a nice place and we got woken up in the morning by the monkeys that passed by! The rooms are nice and the bed is comfortable. We stayed one night! Would definitely recommend this place. I forgot my sunglasses and my hat and the staff managed to give it back to me before I stepped in to the cab!

Room tip: For people who want to relax and enjoy nature