“Fresh, contemporary, unfussy but delicious”
Review of Kawah Cafe

Kawah Cafe
Ranked #3 of 226 Restaurants in Heredia
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family who owns a restaurant in our house :) We love serving people and our food showcase what we love to eat.
Reviewed 20 November 2017

This spot was a little hard for the taxi to find, coming 5-6 km from Hotel Bougainvillea. We also had a different phone number : 506-2263-3737. Exterior was dark without much street presence, but the interior is exactly as all the reviewers describe: bright, modern decor with very warm service. The bakery counter had numerous wonderful treats that the young server patiently described to me in detail, but we were full from our dinner. Wish we'd been close enough to return for breakfast and lunch. A true gem; very much like Southern California cuisine, if you're craving that.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

So yeah, my mom decided to take us out because she wanted to meet this place and for our surprise the place is just amazing. At the moment you put a foot into the place you'll feel a really good family vibe, because that's what it it: a family restaurant. There's a mixture of flavors in every meal and their chefs will take chances to make every dish better and better. Coffee is one of their specialities and they have a table in the middle of the restaurant where the coffee machines and such are. Prices are completely fair and I think they should charge more for it.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I asked for a vegetarian version of what I ordered and they were able to adapt it according to my needs. I would definitely recommend people to go and try it out. Don´t forget about the dessert!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful service for food and coffee selection. Nicely decorated with a lovely backyard. I ordered rice with shrimp and a cappuccino. The rice with shrimp was very delicious but the flavor was on the light side. The cappuccino is hands-down the best coffee I've ever had during my stay in Costa Rica. Extremely smooth with rich taste.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Have been lacking a go-to place near the Heredia downton. This place will be it.

Food is artisan-like, the restaurant is very comfy and cute. Great place to have coffee of quick lunch.

Getting in and out is quite convenient when coming from Alajuela/Belen/StaAna.

Give it a try.