DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose
US$86
US$80
City Express San Jose Costa Rica(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$73
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose(San Antonio De Belen)
US$190
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$95
US$79
El Rodeo Estancia Boutique Hotel & Steakhouse(San Antonio De Belen)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Spa
US$69
US$67
Agoda.com
Apartotel Obelisco(San Antonio De Belen)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,478 results
All reviewsdouble treesan josecosta ricaclose to the airportwarm cookiespool areanice hotela small grocery storeopen airsmall casinoswim up barexecutive roombreakfast buffetnice staytour deskrooms are spacioushotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We stayed here for a night as we'd planned to visit Volcan Poas the morning after arriving into Costa Rica and before heading on to Arenal (sadly Poas was off liimits at the time). We parked up in the free car park and checked in. Check in staff were friendly, we were given the usual cookies (I just wish they did one without nuts too) and then were escorted to our rooms.

The hotel itself has a rather unusual apprearance, constructed in wood with outside entrances to each room which gives the hotel an open and airy feel. Rooms are found on two floors.

Our room was large, but dark and smelt a little damp. It was a little weird with windows at the back and front of the room (which you would have thought would have made it light and airy given the size of the room). We asked the man who took us to the room about where we could get a SIM card from and he then proceeded to offer a free SIM card for a large tip (not impressed). So we proceeded to the local shopping centre to find SIM cards. Sadly this meant we didn't have time to use the pool or any other facilities after that.

Breakfast is ridiculously expensive if not included in your rate. We went elsewhere and checked out of the hotel first thing as we were not left with a good impression of the hotel overall and had no reason to stick around

There isn't much to do in the area besides a few shops and resturants. We had a couple of beers at the Beer Factory just up the road, which was a great place to spend some time.

Overall, not the start we wanted to our holiday

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah75
Miguel_Eugene_Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Hannah75:
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

This was my first time to Costa Rica and I choose the Doubletree and I was happy. It’s in a great location with a few restaurants around. It’s right down the street from Hard Rock Cafe and a Fresh Market. The hotel is very cozy and nice and open. It’s breezy and the rooms on the 1st level has a door that opens u right on to the pool area. Costa Rica is pricey to me. Well that area is particularly pricey. The restaurant at the hotel was a bit pricey as well. I only had breakfast but not the buffet. I would stay here again cause the rooms were nice and spacious. It reminds me of a mini condo. The staff was very nice as well. It’s only about 15 mins from the airport and I took a $5.00 Uber there. That was great. They had some recreation going on at the hotel. They also have a spa here and it was nice. I got a good massage. I would return if I’m there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
DoubletreeCR, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Stephanie M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose.

I am very happy to hear that our location was very convenient and that the property offered you the just right amount of space for you to spread out and relax.

We hope you will return should your travels bring you back to Costa Rica.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I have had the pleasure of staying at this hotel four times in the past few months. Every time has been an absolutely perfect experience. A lot of the staff already know me by name, and not only make me feel extremely welcome at the hotel, but I feel as if I am part of a family at the hotel. The housekeeping staff has been warm, professional, and my room always looks great. Chef Allan in the restaurant puts out a beautiful breakfast buffet every morning, and I always look forward to seeing all of the friendly faces that are there to greet me every morning. I am a late bird, so I often take advantage of the fact that they have a great room service menu that I can order at any time, and it is always delicious. They have a beautiful pool that is maintained perfectly, saunas, a casino, gift shop, indoor and outdoor banquet facilities, a gym, a day spa, and very convenient stores just a few steps from the hotel. This property is very well-managed as is evident by the pride the staff takes in their work, and how genuinely happy they are to be of service to their guests. For a wonderful stay in San Jose, you need not look any further. Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank wsrowin
DoubletreeCR, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear wsrowin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us at Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San Jose.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our friendly staff contributed to your enjoyment. It’s difficult to find amazing team members but we are pretty proud of our selection.

I'm also very happy to hear that our delicious meals and comfortable accommodations offered you the just right amount of space to spread out and relax. Now that we’ve passed the test, during your next visit feel free to bring your family and even your pet (we're pet friendly).

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Great place to stay when in San Jose. Nice and quiet. Little paradise in the middle of the city. Excellent Breakfast buffet and great and friendly staff. Also used TransbasaCr for transportation with excellent staff and clean vehicles.

Stayed: January 2018
Miguel_Eugene_Z, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear BlissfulExplorers,

Thank you for your nice comments.

I’m happy to hear that our excellent breakfast and friendly staff made your stay more comfortable. I’ll pass it on.

Thanks for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari San Jose Costa Rica.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

The service & friendliness of staff is always tremendous. It was our 5th year in a row. Excellent location for work. The facilities are super clean & neat. You can't beat the Breakfast service & offering.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeCR, Director General at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cariari San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear sjatwood,

hank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome you and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests.

Thanks again for choosing Doubletree by Hilton Cariari San José.