2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$194
Booking.comUS$194
PricelineUS$194
Hotels.comUS$194
eDreamsUS$194
Orbitz.comUS$194
2,319 results
All reviews costa rica close to the airport beautiful property coffee shop golf course main restaurant breakfast buffet the san jose airport spa grounds pools carlos lounge country proximity bellman sjo
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2021 via mobile

This was my birthday trip and honestly you guys went above and beyond to make it memorable! Special shoutout to Vera and Esmelin servers from Hacienda Rest whom attended us at breakfast and dinner, they went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and attended and gave us great recommendations. Josien at Front Desk gave us awesome recommendations on where to eat outside of the hotel for my Birthday Dinner. And Alex (the Bellhop) helped us for scheduling shuttles and greeted us with enthusiasm every time we arrived to the hotel. Our favorite crew at Bar 10 won a special place in our hearts Jose, Renato and Chef Roberto made every night special with awesome cocktails and food. They even sang Happy Birthday to me and showed us a magic trick it was simply amazing. To finish our trip we went to Kuo Spa at the hotel and it was what we needed after a week of adventure. For my surprise they gave me a birthday cake after our massages, very unexpected but gratifying. Don’t even hesitate when thinking of this hotel for your trip to Costa Rica, it is beautiful, clean, with all CO-VID protocols; they even make the CO-VID test at the hotel. Definetly coming back to Costa Rica and for sure will be staying at this hotel!!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Génesis Chacón, Marketing at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2021

We are glad to have exceeded your expectations and hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed here only one night because we had an early flight from San Jose the next morning. The hotel is beautiful and we were given a suite. The view was lovely looking out over the golf course. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The front desk was very good and booked a shuttle for us for a early morning pick up to the airport. I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Génesis Chacón, Marketing at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2021

We are glad you had a nice experience at our hotel, come back again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2021 via mobile

My girls and I visited Costa Rica and stayed at this hotel for 4th if July weekend. The hotel and staff was amazing. Room had a great view. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Made us feel like VIPs. I want to specifically recognize the following people who went above and beyond in making our stay memorable: Johan (Bar 10), Johan, Carlos S., Jeimy, and Gustavo (Hacienda kitchen), Chefs Enrique & Eduardo, from the breakfast buffet, Evelyn (front desk), Oscar H.
Carlos S. gave us an extraordinary welcome every morning. He made sure to recognize my cousin birthday. He remembered our beverage orders every morning. That natural passion fruit juice is amazing. I'll definitely be back. Thank you all for a great vacation.
From the Globe Travelers, #gtg

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2021

This hotel is very close to the San Jose airport and perfect place to stay upon arrival or before returning home. And maybe even a longer stay you weren't expecting. I recently spent 12 days at this hotel. Right before we were scheduled to return to the US, my daughter tested positive for Covid and had to undergo a mandatory 10 day isolation. The hotel has a protocol in place for this type of situation and executed it well. The staff went out of their way to be helpful, calling almost every day to check on my daughter to see if she needed anything. I was able to leave the room bc I am vaccinated (these rules are all per the Ministry of Health of Costa Rica, not something arbitrary set by hotels) and enjoyed a daily coffee in the Casa del Cafe coffee shop, served by very friendly and helpful staff. One delightful woman in particular was always willing to let me practice my basic Spanish and teach me new words and phrases.

There are quite a few comments on TripAdvisor about the food at the hotel. If you don't like the hotel prices or the food, Uber Eats is a fantastic alternative with loads of options. We ordered all kinds of delicious food, delivered hot and fresh by Uber Eats drivers.

The hotel pools are large - there is one for kids but if there are no kids around, it's a great place to get some work done where it's quiet. The area is beautiful with views of the golf course and expertly manicured grounds with the lush flowers and foliage Costa Rica is known for. The rooms are spacious and clean, including all the linens/towels.

One of the things that also sets this hotel apart is the staff. Cesar, the Rooms Manager, Alan the supervisor, and the Head of Security (I think his name was Carlos, but don't quote me on that) were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. The staff at the front of the hotel were helpful too, always willing to assist with my Uber rides and cheerfully checking in on whether I needed anything else. Every time I called the front desk staff for help, they always came through and immediately provided whatever it was we needed.

When I go back to Costa Rica I will definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone, whether it's for business or pleasure.

Room tip: Rooms toward the ends of the halls are quieter; rooms 301 - 305 have a view of a yellow wall and nothing else.
1  Thank BeachAdventurist
Génesis Chacón, Marketing at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2021

Please do not hesitate to come again soon, we will welcome you with open arms!

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

This was an absolute gem ! Me and my wife had such a great time ! The kuo spa was clean and great staff ! The hotel is an unbelievable ( castle) . The cafeteria and the hacienda kitchen was a great delight.. gym was amazing and the front desk staff was great …. Especially Carlos the front desk manager was a well polished professional! Well done .. let’s not forget the landscape! You don’t need to leave the property ! We’ll be back !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rafael r
Génesis Chacón, Marketing at Costa Rica Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

We are delighted to know your stay with us exceeded your expectations, we are always working to improve. We hope to welcome you again soon!