US$68
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$110
Hotel Nirvana by the Sea(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
US$40
Le Colibri Rouge - El Colibri Rojo(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$49
Hotels.com
US$127
US$95
Priceline
3 Bamboo(Cahuita)
All reviewsroom was spaciouscosta ricaquiet locationbed and breakfastwalk into townwonderful placepura vidacoastbeacheshammockssloths
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I was working in the area for a few weeks and decided I needed little break to relax. I had been to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca a few years back, and even though it was fun, it was too hectic. So I decided on Cahuita as it is known to be more mellow.

Paolo & Teresa's Caribbean Coconut was exactly what I needed... Really beautiful, clean and comfortable rooms about 50 meters from a gorgeous desolate beach.

The food was also great and everything is reasonably priced.

Some may find the hotel a bit out of town, as Cahuita's main drag is about an 8 minute drive. But this was exactly what I was looking for: completely away from everyone and yet close enough to head to Cahuita's beautiful national park and beaches (a 10 minute drive from the Caribbean Coconut).

Definitely a place where I want to come back with my girlfriend...

Room Tip: There are only 4 or 5 rooms, so any of them is excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was visiting Cahuita for a friend's birthday and we visited this cozy restaurant run by a couple of italians, he is a real chef and cook for us for all different Italian dishes and describing how they usually eat in Italy and he had the ability to include costa rican touch.

For the beginning we were delighted with a DELICIOUS Mango and rhum cocktail.
Delicious food, we had 7 services between crab, cannelloni, and the final touch was the dessert (banana-chocolate flan) with the touch of telling us even the differences between commercial brand (Ferrero-Rocher) and Italian.

Definitely its a great gourmet experience, they also had cabins, however even if you're not staying with them, you shouldn't miss any opportunity to this culinary experience in a lovely and cozy space.

Good Luck and keep up the great job!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Very clean and comfortable. Restaurant has authentic Itaian dinners - delicioso. Wonderful hosts. Quiet and serene with ocean music in the background. Comfortable beds. Highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank donnacolangelo
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stumbled here after a long weekend in Panama & had a great & wonderful surprise! Teresan & Paulo speak no english yet we managed to communicate fine...they are the coolest couple she's from Argentina & he's Italian ....can we just say thee hands down best food we have had in Costa RIca! There is a beautiful beach out front & it is well worth every penny to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2011

What a delight! I stayed here with my cat and enjoyed it. Saw my first monkeys in the wild thanks to one the owners. The husband is a great chef and opens his restaurant right next to the hotel. It is open 6-9:30 so no trouble with noise after hours. Wish I had stayed longer and explored further south on the coast. ..Keep going past Puerto Viejo if you do. Thank God for the Air conditioning & the pool because part of the day was unbearable without a break from the heat. The owners were so accommodating that they even brought a refridge into my room as I had food with me so I didn't have to drive back into town. Would definitely go here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo