Free cancellation until 02/08
US$90
3 Bamboo(Cahuita)
US$86
US$68
Le Colibri Rouge - El Colibri Rojo(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$59
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$88
  • Free Breakfast
US$110
Hotel Nirvana by the Sea(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
US$40
Buena Suerte Bed&Breakfast(Cahuita)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$35
All reviewsroom was spaciouscosta ricaquiet locationbed and breakfastwalk into townwonderful placepura vidacoastbeacheshammockssloths
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Nearby the beach, it's a beautiful place. We saw 3 sloths, breakfast is delicious, weather was really good, and the beach is so beauty. It's close to other beaches, and they have a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed every one. Loved the double room by the pool, especially the outside lounging area and the hammocks. Rooms were very clean, food was excellent, home cooked and with local fruits a nice touch at breakfast. Staff was always pleasant and friendly. But then what else would you expect in Costa Rica!
Pura Vida!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our 4 night stay here very much. The room was spacious and the bathroom huge! The restaurant food was amazing. Fresh flowers and fresh fruit every day. Walk across the road and there is the Caribbean ocean with beaches that went forever. Very quiet location but easy access to highway and Cahuita. Our only complaint is we couldn't get the cable tv to work in our room and we needed to go to the restaurant to get wifi although our neighbors beside us had both. But in a beautiful place like this who needs tv or wifi!!! Definitely a wonderful place
to remember

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Carolina and I were travelling to Costa Rica on our second trip to this beautiful Country. Trip started poorly what with Hurricane Otto having hit the week prior. On arrival however we were greeted with smiles and much attention from the owner and his partner, Meli ( I apologize if I have spelled your name incorrectly.) Meli your smile is contagious. You are a wonderful host, an excellent cook and a wonderful Mother to your 3 children. The resort exceeded our expectations. The room was impeccably kept (thanks to your Mother who maintained the room daily!) The grounds were well kept and the pool a nice addition to the grounds and amenities. PS your son is a future successful businessman. When I returned from a drive into the mountains and returned with vehicle covered in mud--your son negotiated to wash my vehicle. Being a business woman myself I respected his business acumen and he did a great job on the car as well! Although I did not speak Spanish, Meli you spoke with me in your limited English and your little aspiring businessman displayed an excellent understanding of English. Carolina and I would like to thank you for hosting us and we look forward to future visits to your lovely "Piece of Heaven"!
Cheryl

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank cherylstelzer
Reviewed 3 December 2016

When we arrived we thought we struck gold. Run more like a Bed & Breakfast by the owner and his girlfriend's family, we initially felt welcomed and even spent a couple evenings hanging out in the restaurant with the owners.

We booked the Deluxe Suite, which consisted of what we thought was a spacious living room, bedroom, and bathroom. There was an adjoining bedroom/bath we didn't think much of, figuring if a family rented the whole thing out, they'd get both bedrooms. However, after half of our stay there utilizing the living room for our luggage (as the actual bedroom is tiny), we returned from a day out to find guests in the other bedroom -- the living space was now supposed to be SHARED. We were never told that this was even a possibility and with the only entrances to the bedrooms through the living space, we felt deceived by the room description online and and in person. How do you put strangers in a shared space together? If I wanted to share spaces with strangers, I would have spent less than half what we paid and stayed at a hostel.

After the owners deliberate privately, we were able to move to another room -- and pay the difference. There were no apologies for miscommunication or misrepresentation, only the fee to pay for the room in cash (or pay a 30% mark up if we wanted to use a card). Thankfully we had the cash for the difference and avoid the exorbitant markup.

It was nice to have free breakfast everyday, the fruit and coffee were delicious. I don't understand how people rave about the omelets -- they're probably the worst I've ever had (velveeta style cheese that doesn't melt and burned eggs? No thanks). The scrambled eggs are good. I wished we had the option to eat what the manager/cook's kids ate -- they seemed to have better food (more authentically caribbean). The free breakfast made up for the other meals we ate there when we had to because the prices here are insanely high compared to other local places (twice as much in some instances and not as good food). Why bother staying here when you can go right down the road for better food at better prices?

Finally, the wifi is nonexistent except in the restaurant. I mean, you can catch it in the rooms, but you'll be lucky to get a couple bars. Still, as I understand it, that's pretty standard in Costa Rica, so maybe just turn off the devices and enjoy where you are.

So, all that being said, this place STILL gets 3 solid stars -- I'd give 3.5 if I could. The rooms were clean and well appointed. It was nice to have the A/C (even if it turned off by itself sometimes) and refrigerator. The tin roofs made for lovely rain noise (though it got pretty loud at night and woke me up a few times in a storm). The location is nice, the beach is very close and rarely has more than 5 people on it at any given time. The grounds a lovely and well maintained and the owner/manager do try to make it very comfortable for their guests.

We stayed for 10 days and I think for this location, that was a bit long. We saw many guests come and go, more 2-3 day stays here, which is probably the way to do it. My review would probably be much shorter and 4-5 stars if we'd only stayed 2-3 nights. I don't think you'll be sorry you stayed here if you do, but do be vigilant about the room you book and make sure you understand what you're getting to avoid unnecessary hassles.

Room Tip: The "deluxe suite, poolside" may end up being shared with strangers.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends