All reviews dorm room kitchen equipment national park the bus stayed nights nice stay shower garden birds cabinas
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Great place but not very serious owner... Last Feb she forgot our reservation! Just near the national park of Cahuita you can ear the owler monkeys every morning. In a quiet "street". Very nice... if you succeed to rent a room!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2016

If you want a place really close to the park, this is a good choice My fiance and I stayed here multiple times and we were satisfied. It seems a little run down and the toilets don't flush very well, but it worked for what we were needing and it was a good price.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

I came to this hostel because of positive reviews of other travelers, but I can not recommend this place..

Althought the owner is lovely, the place is really run-down. With holes, craks and bugs everywhere.
The kitchen and bathroom, were the worst I have seen in my (half year) travel through central america. Thought the place is kept clean, it does no help the poor state of the old furniture, equipment and re-used bath and kitchen towels ..

I stayed in the dorm. Thought I slept well, it was hot and in- and outside were lots of musquitos (with no proper protection).

Just hope this place will be renovated or sold soon; perhaps to give it a second chance..

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Sjaak L
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Nice garden to relax in with hammocks to laze away the hours. The kitchen is super handy as food prices are high in Cahuita. The rooms are clean but a little past their best days, though fine for a short stay. The owner is really lovely and will make you feel welcome, along with her ginger cat and other random people&animals that wander in. Look for the sloths in the trees nearby!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2015

I have visited the Caribbean coast in Costa Rica many times, staying primarily in Cahuita. This is the first time we stayed at the Secret Garden and we have had a wonderful stay. The vibe here is relaxed and serene. Although the hotel is near the centre of Cahuita, the gorgeous garden surrounding it truly gives the feeling that you are hidden away in a secret garden. The morning is my favourite time to enjoy a coffee in the garden and soak up the tranquillo atmosphere. The other guests were friendly and the owner is a lovely woman who is incredibly welcoming and kind. The rooms are large and well cleaned everyday. The kitchen amenities are also very good. You are close to the National park entrance which is convenient.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple