“A friendly paradise retreat!”
Review of Hotel Blue Conga

Hotel Blue Conga
Reviewed 25 March 2015

My fiancé and I stayed at Hotel Blue Conga about a year ago and I am just now sitting down to write a review. Despite my tardiness, I wanted to share my experience because I had such a good experience at Hotel Blue Conga. I was 5 months pregnant at the time, taking a "babymoon," and my fiancé and I were supposed to rent a house from a local. After a long flight and drive, the local didn't show up to let us in the house! We were beyond devastated. Luckily, I had looked into other options before arriving in Puerto Viejo, so I had seen some pictures of Hotel Blue Conga. When we showed up late in the evening looking for a room, they saved the day! The hotel was able to accommodate us for the entire week, and we had such a nice stay. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the breakfasts were always fresh and delicious. We had a wonderful stay and would absolutely stay at Hotel Blue Conga again.

Room Tip: We liked having a room on the second floor with a balcony that overlooked the pool and courtyard.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LotusJC

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Eric and Stephanie were lovely hosts. They support the locals and take care of their guests better than you can imagine.

Close to the beach and the main attractions, I definitely recommend this place for anyone who would like to spend a great time around Puerto Viejo and its surroundings.

I wish I could have spent more time on the coast to appreciate even more all the recommendations of the owners.

Don't hesitate, this hotel is safe, peaceful and green !

Luc.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2015

My husband and I were in great need of a vacation and decided to return to Costa Rica. We had chosen the treehouse lodge, but they were already full for our first night. Finding stephanie and the blue Congo was better than we could have hoped. She took such good care of us. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the next day breakfast and the pool were perfect for us to unwind and get into vacation mode. We definitely recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2015

My wife and I enjoyed our stay with Eric and Stephanie so much we extended it by 4 days. We found our hosts to friendly, generous, honest and helpful. Despite being very busy Eric, Stephanie and there French student intern always found time to chat, offer advice or do something to make our stay even more enjoyable. For example they upgraded our rooms for no particular reason other than the room was bigger and was not being used. This was done at no additional cost. One evening they had some locals around and they had a jam session next to the pool which was really fun. They lent us bikes, made reservations with local tour operators and gave us great advice. The breakfasts were delicious, the grounds and rooms clean and safe. They also have a very friendly and well behaved dog. Thanks Eric and Stephanie we hope to see you again. Rupert and Nicole, Canada

Room Tip: We liked the upstairs rooms best.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2015

Our couple of days in Puerto Viejo could not have been better spent than staying at the Blue Conga! Perfect location, comfortable rooms, with WiFi and a great breakfast included.

While owners Stephanie and Eric were away during our brief time there, Michel was our extremely warm host who made sure all of our needs were met and questions answered (many thanks Michel!).

If you're looking for good accommodation with easy access to town in a very tranquil setting, would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
18 km away
Passion Fruit Lodge
Passion Fruit Lodge
#1 of 12 in Cahuita

Been to Hotel Blue Conga? Share your experiences!