“Best Calamari ever.....”

KOKi Beach Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Living locally, I find a place with a particular meal I like and frequent it often. I must say every time I go to Koki and have Calamari....it is an appetizer enough for two which I like as a meal, absoultely amazing. Every time! The times I have gone with friends and family visiting the meals have been wonderfrul, ambiance second to none for people watching and always a good vibe and music, and service to match. Nice spot for some good food, I recommend it always.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 16 September 2015

We weren't actually staying in Puerto Viejo when we drove past this bar. We were on our way to Punta Uva but the great design of the place caught my eye.
When we made it back up to Puerto Viejo I made sure we took a visit.
The open air bar is great, there is a big elevated deck where they have these pretty funky, really comfy rocking chairs.
Everything is really colourful and the place is decorated with little fairy lights.
My partner and I loved this place. We could really chill out whilst spending time people watching, listening to sea, and drinking great cocktails!

Reviewed 16 September 2015

It is certainly a different place every other, this beautifully decorated and beachfront, the service was very professional and very friendly. We ate wonderful fish with coconut sauce. 100% recommend, I would like to return someday. I needed a taxi and they called and within 5 minutes was at the door to pick.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Atmosphere, food and location are the highlights of this place. Located in front of the beach in the heart of the town is what you are looking if you want to have a chic caribbean experience. Seafood is to die for and our waiter said most of the ingredients came from the farmers market. Music and carefully chosen decoration make the ambience smooth, relaxed and unique.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Fresh Food, cocktails, lights, great service, music, beach front, wood, rocks, sea breeze, flora, colors, sunset, shapes, art, friendliness and great atmosphere. You did have all figure out when you put together this place. I was here when you first open and five years later, I came back to Koki Beach and it just keep getting better. Playa Grande is still on the menu and I cannot get enough of it. I am happy to see a place like yours in Puerto Viejo. Simply, you provided the place to be and to make timeless photographs and why not, even selfies. Because of my type of work, I am very often asked for recommendations to dine and since you always deliver the best experience in town then you are my number one suggestion. Thank you guys, you nailed it! Keep the good work. My costumers are yours because you always make them happy.