“Very good food!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Ate at Tamara at the recommendation of some locals. I'm glad we listened.

I got the chicken and my gf got the fish. Both with beans and rice, and we also got the ceviche. I thought the ceviche was the best I had in my time in Costa Rica, especially with the plantain chips they had. Delicious.

The food was great, and I would come back again. The people there were nice as well.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was packed which drew us in, and we were greeted with a lovely warm welcome from the owner. Food was just flawless - really recommend the Caribbean chicken with rice and beans, they've definitely perfected the old classic! The meat was falling off the bone and the rice and beans were fluffy and flavoursome. Definitely visit if you have the chance.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

The rice and beans with the local sauce and the chicken were really tasty ! The people are nice, I really recommend this place for a great dinner after a big day

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

A waiter took my order in Spanish. After an interminable wait, another waiter said my order was not taken because the first waiter does not speak English. The food was fair in taste and expensive. Also, the special came with two cups of wine. I had to ask for the second. The new waiter asked if I want to order a second? I had to make sure that he understood that it came with the meal. They did wave the mandatory tip. I almost always tip in full. I would recommend walking by if they are busy.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This is the perfect place for traditional rice n'beans with patacones (yummy!), you don't have to walk far, it's in a perfect location so after lunch or dinner you can walk around and do some shopping (many nice stores around), especially if you love sun and beach dresses. Good prices and if you love sea food, there are many options to add to your rice n'beans!