Hotel Pochote Grande is great for people looking for silence and an relaxed stay. Specifically during raining season (we have been there in August) the hotel is quite empty and therefore calm and a great place to stay. The Hotel Manager is very helpful, the food in the restaurant delicious, the pool wonderful and the rooms very clean and comfortable.
Small things to improve
- Refrigerator in the room as well as safe have to be paid separately (3 Dollar each per day), which is not adequate in my mind
- during vacation season it might be annoying that all rooms are facing the pool, where it will be quite noisy
- Water boiler and cups at the rooms would be nice
- Smoking (as all over Costa Rica) is not allowed in the whole hotel, even on the balcony it is forbidden. A cosy smokers area would please all smokers very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, family-owned hotel with 24 rooms, seeking to attend each guest individually. We are proud to have a lot of happy, frequently returning guests. We have a privileged location with direct access to the beach. We represent an excellent alternative for those who are looking for relaxation and tranquillity away from big tourist centres. We are located at the quiet northern end of Jaco beach. Nevertheless alternative entertainment is only few minutes away: CROC`S Casino Resort is located across the street, and the centre of Jaco is only a 15 minute stroll away, offering all kinds of amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Pochote Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pochote Grande Hotel