Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Hotel Plaza Yara(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$110
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)
US$209
US$195
Priceline
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$315
US$296
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$104
Villa Prats Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$70
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$290
US$168
Hotel Mimos(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$49
Hotel La Colina(Manuel Antonio)
US$59
US$52
US$360
Travelocity
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$250
2,667 results
All reviewscasa panoramavilla mot motcasa de frutasboogie boardsprivate beachbamboo villaconcierge chrisvilla cielitocosta ricazip liningprivate chefgarden housedinner reservationsbrowniepersonal conciergegrocery storesquirrel monkeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Loved it all! very nice private beach, beautiful views from the villa. Feed monkeys from your windows. Very safe and quiet at nights. Great place to take children who love nature!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Robin747474
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

Thanks for the review.....glad you enjoyed your stay in the bungalow.....yes....lots of wildlife in Tulemar......although feeding the monkeys is not good for them....they are fun to watch! Hope to see you in Tulemar again!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We ended up staying here on short notice based on the review of a friend. We're so glad we did. We stayed in the lower level but it plenty of space for my husband and for me. The view was wonderful, the porch and the bungalow wonderfully private, and the room very comfortable. The shower was great. We got groceries at a nearby shop so we could enjoy coffee and breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The beautiful beach is a short walk downhill and there are shuttles available to go back. The bungalows are close to great restaurants. Everyone who worked at the beach was really kind and helpful -- great service. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank czed
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thanks for the review! Villa Mot Mot Lower is one of our most popular (and inexpensive!) properties in Tulemar; a king size bed, bath with jacuzzi tub, large outdoor terrace, all with great ocean views and personal concierge service from Diego and Chris! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed in Casa Panorama, lower level just a week ago. What a beautiful little place. I was initially a little concerned that there might be some noise from the unit above us but I hardly ever heard a sound. We traveled here with our 7 and 10 year old who slept comfortably on the pull-out sofa bed while my wife and I enjoyed the super-comfy king bed in the other room.

The property is amazing. They've done a great job minimizing distrubance to the surrounding trees which is great for the wildlife. One evening we were swimming in the pool and I saw something strange in the tree about 10 feet away ..... it was a 3-toed sloth! We also had a number of up-close viewings of squirrel monkeys cavorting in the trees right around our deck and also down at the beach ..... fantastic! Also, the view from the deck down to the ocean is just stunning.

The beach at Tulemar is beautiful. I really wasn't expecting much but man was I wrong. I found it to be as nice or nicer than the beach inside Manuel Antonio park and a lot less crowded. They also have a nice little bar down there where you can get lunch and drinks.

Diego and Christopher are there to help you out with anything you need. They checked on us periodically to let us know about good restaurant and activity options. They also took care of some laundry we needed cleaned and helped us with activity reservations.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MarmotSteve

Thanks for your review! We're happy that you enjoyed your stay at Casa Panorama and Tulemar! The views, the wildlife, the beach and the personal concierges for Casa Panorama, Diego and Chris! We hope to see you back again!

Reviewed 4 July 2011

We can't say enough good things about our stay at Tulemar. Our family of 4, 2 teenage boys included, were looking for a beautiful spot where we could relax after doing fun adventurous activities in Costa Rica. Welll,we fell in love with the countryside and its wildlife during our whitewater rafting trip, ATV , ziplining, and jetski tours.Our casa was in a particularly convenient spot, but felt very private when sittting on the deck. A whiteface monkey with a baby on her back walked across our railing one morning! Julien arranged all our tours for us, we just had to show up outside our casa every morning for the next fun adventure! It was great to come back to our lovely casa in the afternoon and head down to the pool or beach for swimming and lounging. Julien made recommendations every night for dinner, and we had delicious meals each evening at the local restaurants within walking distance. Then back to the casa for listening to the night creatures on our deck while taking a hot tub! A few minor adjustments were needed in our casa, and Julien attended to them immediately. At the end of the week it was hard to leave.
We booked our trip through Dave at Tulemar.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jmmenk
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thanks and we can't wait to have you return! We're glad you enjoyed your villa, Casa del Mar and Tulemar! Everyone loves the personal concierge that comes with each of our bookings (Julien, Mauricio, Chris, Diego, Kimberly) and how that makes the entire trip so easy! Thanks again for the review....

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Wow....what a beautiful place in Costa Rica. My family, which includes three teenagers 18, 16 and 13, loved this place! The kids were especially blown away by this place.....they loved their room. the indoor/outdoor shower, and the "feel' of the place. Julien had arranged for us to be picked up by Ariel from the airport. He is such a good and conscientous driver. We were a little frustrated with ourselves because the guy that was holding a sign with our name on it was not Ariel. I guess he was just there to get us to the right area for Ariel to pick us up. Well, he asked for a tip and we had just made the money exchange and really hadn't gotten a handle on the exchange rate and we gave him way too much!!! The scenery on the ride to Tulemar was so beautiful but several of us regularly get car sick and this trip was no different. We used our Sea-bands on the way back to the airport and it helped.
We stayed in Casa Del Mar. I absolutely LOVE the Bali styling of the villas. I am still awed by the fact that they had indoor/outdoor showers....what a luxury! What a view!
Our entire family loved the upstairs balcony. We spent every morning and evening out there reading and enjoying the awesome view! The kitchen was especially helpful....we were able to cook breakfast and keep drinks handy. The kitchen came alive when we were so lucky to have Chris cook for us. Having him cook for you is one thing you should not miss in Costa Rica. I was hesitant in the beginning because of the price but what I didn't know is how much the food costs at other restaurants. He is so passionate about cooking and you can taste it in every dish he makes. Chris is such a nice guy too.....he's even light hearted when he talks about his beloved Costa RIca soccer team losing to Mexico!!
I was reading a previous posts about the beach concerning some guests that were obnoxious and loud. I was there at the same time......and the review was correct but those very young adults (22-25 yr. olds) were part of the wedding crowd....and I don't think they are the ones that are ready to settle down! But realistically, that could have happened anywhere. Their behavior was so out of place in the beautiful setting of that secluded beach. The next day when the actual wedding was going they were much better behaved and the wedding was such a beautiful event to get to witness. My daughter was making mental notes, I'm sure.
Originally, I was skeptical of the dark colored sand. From the pictures, I thought it looked dirty. Boy, was I wrong. The various shades from gray to black make for a beautiful marbled effect.....I loved it. Yes, there is fruit on the beach but it is up near the trees because the animals are eating them! Who cares, really? It's not like the monkeys have personal butlers. And don't blame the sloth, the one we saw was sleeping in the trees every time we saw him!
Tulemar is a special place with special people working there. Julien, Dave and Mauricio are so accommodating. They seem to love all aspects of their job. Their attention to detail makes staying with them truly a "dream vacation".

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
TulemarDave, General Manager at Tulemar Bungalows & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

Thank you for such a wonderful and detailed review; we really appreciate you taking the time to post it! Yes, Casa del Mar is a very special villa; the Balinese design and decor, the ambiance, the indoor and outdoor showers and of course, the amazing ocean views! Everyone loves it! Having Chris as a personal chef for an evening is always a treat! The food, the drinks, the "show" and especially his personality; truley a delight! Julien was happy to make that happen for you! I appreciate your understanding of the wedding party on the beach; sometimes they just get too excited and carried away by the celebration and surroundings. Thank goodness those are rare. I also appreciate hearing about the "tip" situation at the airport; I'll have a conversation with the transportation company. Ariel is one of our favorite drivers, too.

You are right about Julien, Mauricio and I loving our jobs! We are so very fortunate to work together in Tulemar. I also live year round in Tulemar so this is my home as well. We want everyone to enjoy it as much as we do!