Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$68
Orbitz.comUS$68
Expedia.comUS$68
PricelineUS$68
eDreamsUS$68
TravelocityUS$68
All reviews national park beach access walk to manuel antonio park walk in closet grocery store kitchenette monkeys toaster hill beaches boogie waves guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2020

My reservation was cancelled by hotel 2 weeks before my trip. This never ever happened to me before if I book through Expedia/Travelocity. I booked this hotel for the New Year (2 nights) in advance to get the specific room (1 king bed and 2 twin beds) since it's a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers. I liked the idea that this hotel is beachfront and plus I got a promotional rate from the Travelocity. Two weeks later my reservation was cancelled by hotel and when I called them up they said that the rate was too low for them and they rebooked my room for a higher price. It's just outrageous. Now when not many reservations left at that area for the New Year night I ended up paying twice more. Don't deal with this hotel - you may end up with no room once you are there. This is not airnbnb booking when the cancellation might happen. This was booked through the travel agency and should never happen. Terrible management! Travelocity promised to investigate the issue.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

I was going with no further information.

Someone else did the hotel reservation...

At first, Karen welcomed us, she was nice and pretty helpful.

The hotel is nice, clean, EXCELLENT LOCATION, and suitable for all.

Beach front, just a gate away from the beach. ESPADILLA NORTE a very nice and soft surf beach.

A microwave, little refrigerator, toaster and coffeemaker. Also dishes, cup and glasses.

There is a nice little restaurant open on the weekends.

Good Piña Colada.

The swimming pool was nice also

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2020

DO NOT let the pictures on their site fool you. It looks nothing like that when you arrive and open the door of your room. Our 4 days there found more broken furniture than usable furniture. There was NO place to comfortably sit in our room or in common areas. There were 2 straight-back chairs in the lobby, but that was it. Lobby benches were uncomfortable and lounge chairs around the pool were filthy and broken. There was also ZERO places to put a suitcase, store clothing or hang a pair of pants. The proper upkeep and maintenance has not happened in many years. Our room "overlooked the beach". It did, but it also overlooked a broken covered patio with broken lounge chairs made of concrete and tile that were roped off and inaccessible. Their was garbage in our line-of-site and the windows had not been cleaned ever?

Cleaning service for our room consisted of someone coming in to make the bed and give us new towels 2 of 4 days without being swept, washed or dusted. Bathroom was not cleaned on a daily basis.

The hotels restaurant had unusual hours and the food was mediocre at best. We opted to walk a few hundred feet and find breakfast in other local eateries. Local restaurants for dinner are easily accessed by bus about 55 cents one way that is quick and it comes often. Taxis are inexpensive Try the restaurant El Avion.

Upon registering we asked for beach towels and left a $10 deposit. No problem, we got it back. I signed a paper that had towels checked off. I noticed they also offered: Hairdryers, Blender, Beach umbrella, Lounge chair. Nothing except the towels were available. Front desk folks knew nothing about the rest of the list.

The beach is easily accessed through a gate and a short walk past a few cars parked between the hotel and beach. This was the BIG PLUS of this hotel. We will return to Manuel Antonio because the beaches are fabulous, but they do have dangerous riptides. Still, I can't imagine staying here again. btw - beach Lifeguards are there and they ARE VERY ALERT.

Try another hotel if being 300 feet from the beach is not important to you.

Room tip: Rooms that "overlook" the beach are overrated. Ask to see them first.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 11 March 2020 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located on the beach. The rooms are a bit small but very clean. Very close to restaurants and the beach is to the back of the hotel. But truly made our stay wonderful was the service we received from Alex, last name - At Your Service! He truly went beyond his job description. We wanted to take a bus back to San Jose and asked Alex where we needed to go. He said not to worry and they he would get the tickets for us. He would have to go to a nearby town to get them. He then brought them to us the very next day - on his day off!! That’s what I call service. We hope to visit there again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeGoalie
Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

Great location. Good value for the money. Rooms are clean and the staff are great. Hotel is right at the beach. Also very close to all of the restaurants in town. Would recommend this as a hood place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2020