“The Most Magical Honeymoon!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
Prana Rainforest Retreat
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Ok, so I have to be honest. I work in marketing and I have been struggling for the last half hour trying to figure out exactly what to say. How do you describe a trip that was so spectacular in every way?My wife and I stumbled across Prana Rainforest Retreat online after researching safe honeymoon destinations for LGBT couples. When I came across Prana, I was instantly hooked. The description, photos and reviews of the retreat are great, but they truly don't do it justice. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with open arms and immediately felt at home. The villa is absolutely STUNNING. The decor is unbelievable. You emerge into the true "zen" of the many Buddha's and unique architecture that surround you. I was very impressed with the personal touches, especially the fresh flowers (delivered weekly!) to the rolled wash cloths beautifully displayed by the bathroom sink. There is a private pool outback, bordering the beautiful Manual Antonio National Park. One of my favorite things was experiencing the monkeys, sloths and birds every day! As if the villa wasn't peaceful enough, add Mark and Jon's massages to the mix! We enjoyed 3 massages total, all which left us feeling relaxed and calm after our fun excursions with Mark- hiking amongst the waterfalls and horse back riding on the beach! But I’ve saved the best for last….the food. We were served breakfast with hot coffee every morning, and two dinners with our own bottle of wine. Each entree was uniquely crafted, and created with the freshest ingredients. We are both foodies, and consider their meals to be some of the best meals we’ve ever had! Mark and Jon are so welcoming, and made us feel special in every way possible. I have to brag on Mark...I mentioned to him that I loved the tres leches dessert from Cafe Milagro, a local restaurant. What did he do? Surprised me with it as dessert on our last night after dinner! It was such a kind and genuine gesture. And Jon? He saved us from a scorpion…Kind of. :-) He is so sweet. Mark and Jon are stand up guys. Gentlemen, really. We never imagined our honeymoon would be so life-changing, and Mark and Jon played a huge part in that. We can’t thank you both enough for your warmth and hospitality. We are glad to consider you new, life-long friends, and are looking forward to seeing you in Costa Rica again soon.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lexiintheknow

Reviewed 18 February 2017

Prana is simply the best. You will experience nothing like this place anywhere else in the world. Your backyard is literally the rainforest and the hosts just knock it out of the park, consistently. My husband and I just returned from a week at Prana Rainforest Retreat and It was, by far, the best vacation we have ever taken...hands down. There really aren't any words to describe how amazing this place is and how welcoming the hosts, Mark and Jon, are. They truly treat you like family from the moment you arrive. The breakfasts are absolutely gourmet, some of the best food we've ever eaten. We let Mark do whatever he wanted for our breakfasts and he impressed our taste buds every morning. They also arranged all the excursions we wanted to do - we literally didn't have to worry about or do anything.The massages are wonderful too. I had a more traditional massage and also a Thai massage. Both are just excellent. If you are going to Costa Rica, you must stay here. I would give them 10 stars if I could! Just go....you will not regret it! In fact, you probably won't want to go home. I surely didn't <3 Also, we've been to their spa in Key West and that is also highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah M
Reviewed 4 February 2017

After a long (intense) cruise, we headed to Prana for a week off. WOW... Right on the rain forest, we were able to see and hear animals we have never seen in the wild before. The accommodation is huge, and very accommodating. Everything we needed - with coffee machine, microwave, WIFI, large private pool, and very private areas down in the rain forest for our own quiet time. Simply an oasis in paradise.

The town has a lot of great restaurants, bars - and the guys have great recommendations. Even recommended a white water rafting that we were both nervous on (And would never have done) and it was amazing..... we experienced a lot of new things, yet it was never pressured or stressful - always relaxing! A must do!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacob O
Reviewed 17 January 2017

My wife and I were so lucky to find the Prana Rain Forest Retreat for our honeymoon! Mark and Jon were off the charts with their services and hospitality for they catered to us like family. You cannot meet nicer people than Mark and Jon. We immediatly felt their caring and warmth for our needs even before we left frigid Michigan. Mark sent an e-mail asking specifically about dietary restriction we might have so he could be 100% prepared in making the most delicious breakfasts we could ever have every morning. The villa was squeaky clean and superbly designed architectually along with outstanding furniture from across the world.
The location on the edge of the National Park gives outstanding solitude and a chance to see the wonderful array of wildlife in their natural habitats. Every day we received the best messages we've ever had in the pavilion near a natural waterfall. I asked myself' " How can you beat this??!!" After one message, we observed a 3 toed sloth a mere 15 feet away slowly scaling down a vine of a tree. WOW!
Mark and Jon have a great standing with the community and they always directed us to awesome restaurants with great service and food. We rode horses one morning for 2 hrs on a secluded beach. It was my first time riding and the horses are highly trained which made the ride amazing.
We cannot say enough great things about staying at Mark and Jon's Prana Rain Forest Retreat and we plan on going back next year around the same time in January. It truly was the best vacation we have ever taken and we know it's truly hard to beat!

Paul and Michelle

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank paulrashid5501
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Let me just start by saying how incredible Mark & John are!

From the second we arrived at our location, they catered to us like family. Being our first time in Costa Rica, we felt like a weight of nervousness was lifted off our shoulders right when we met up with Mark at a nearby cafe. We arrived at nighttime, so he wanted to make sure we weren't going to get lost in the dark finding their place which is located deep in the mountains surrounded by lush rainforest trees and waterfalls.

Once we arrived, we were welcomed by John and their two adorable dogs that you just can't resist hugging cause let's be honest who doesn't like being greeted by cute dogs.

When Mark took us to our spacious villa, my boyfriend and I could not stop saying “wow” after every thing he said. It felt like pure magic! This villa is truly architecturally beautiful. It’s interior aesthetics are so thoughtfully put together. From the big windows to the private pool. From the rain shower room to the antique furniture imported from Bali, I felt like I was in an architectural digest article of the top 10 private villas in the world!

Everything was so clean. The bed was so comfortable, each night we slept like babies after all the loads of activities we did during the day. The entire land they live on is gorgeous. They have tons of private areas, one of which when you come across provides a beautiful wooden deck with hammocks and a few small waterfalls. If you’re like my boyfriend and can't stay still, there is a hiking trail down there as well which is super enchanting. But since there is nothing but greenery everywhere and it's serenity is so tranquil, it’s hard not to take nap on the hammocks and listen to the sound of birds and monkeys everywhere.

Mark and John helped us book activities and made us the most amazing breakfast every morning. I mean homemade granola?! My mom couldn't even do that! Not even Gordon Ramsey could make what they did! Fresh, organic, and scrumptious are some words that come to mind when I look back on those morning meals.

They even gave us binoculars to check out some of the wild life that come and go on their property. We saw animals such a sloth and her baby, lots of howler monkeys and beautiful exotic birds. We stayed with them three nights but since we were having such an amazing time we decided to stay an extra night.

The highlight of our stay though was when we were leaving to our next spot in Costa Rica, John said the sweetest thing that was very touching. “Since you stayed with us, for your remainder of time here you are still considered our guest, so feel free to contact us for anything you need”.

I could go on and on about these two and their romantic oasis but you can't beat experiencing it for yourselves. Be prepared to feel nothing but love and security when you enter this wonderland. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Mark and John for everything you did for us, you made our first time in Costa Rica out of the world.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple