“Amazing Place”

Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Montezuma
Reviewed 2 March 2015 via mobile

My whole family enjoyed our stay here. The service was amazing the Massages were amazing the view was amazing. The yoga teacher Allison was very knowledgeable and unbelievably talented! Stay here if you want a renewed lease on life and need to enjoy life!

Stayed: March 2015
2  Thank Billy K

Reviewed 1 March 2015 via mobile

I fell in love with the website and felt compelled to go there even though it was a little bit out of my normal travel budget. Let me just say it is totally worth every penny. From the moment I got there it was completely blown away and in awe of how someone could create such a beautiful space. The staff is so welcoming and warm and the yoga is some of the best I have ever taken in my life. The food is super healthy and organic. It definitely reset my eating in the week.

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank AllisonYoga
Reviewed 22 February 2015

I just returned from a one-week yoga retreat at Anamaya and I feel like my body and soul have been found again! Our yoga instructor was a local woman named Silivia Ericksson who teaches yoga at the local Motezuma Yoga studio. If you are not lucky enough to have Siliva make sure you make it to town for a class with her. She is one of the best yoga instructors I've ver had. I am returning to New York with a new sense of balance and calm in my life that was directly because of her yoga practice this week.

Anamaya is a truly special place and if you are lucky enough to get there I promise you won't regret it. The staff is incredible. Gretel and Sol made our days and nights easy and seamless, the food was so healthy and wonderful and the spa staff worked on my muscles after yoga and surfing (laura was incredible at the spa!). I had also never tried surfing before and it was AMAZING! I wish I had tried it earlier in the week but now it just means that I will have to return to the Nicoya peninsula. Maybe even do the Anamaya teacher training!

Our group was also very special and from all over the world with stories and varying reasons for being there. Not only did I leave Anamaya with my body and mind at peace but also with new friends.

Book your trip here now. You will not regret it!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ganesh room. As a solo traveler it was perfect. I had a queen sized bed and an open...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank Cari W
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I stayed at the resort in November and had a great time, the location, view and service is out of the world. We left relaxed and with a stronger yoga practice (our teacher, Lola was fab!). My only suggestion would be to do a survey before guests arrive to identify the level of yoga practice that they have and adapt the classes for that.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RPAB2012
Reviewed 23 January 2015 via mobile

I stayed at Anamaya for a month for a Yoga Teacher Training. First off, the grounds and the views are great. But what really made the stay was the staff and their attention to detail. They listen to your needs and will adapt where feasible. They truly made the trip special!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montezuma
3 km away
Hotel Aurora
#15 of 18 in Montezuma
7.4 km away
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas

Been to Anamaya Resort & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!