All reviews yoga deck infinity pool yoga classes other guests zip lining the main house chef jeff circus performance costa rica waterfall hike gluten free magical place the sun rise horseback riding retreat center life changing every morning
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I'm one week back from Anamaya and I'm pretty sure the experience has changed me forever. Yes, it has the best of everything when it comes to Costa Rican resorts. There's a saltwater infinity pool. The yoga decks have spectacular sunrise and sunset views. It's immaculately well-kept. The food is fresh, creative and delicious - healthy and whole, but you can still indulge in a good cup of coffee or glass of wine. The activities are top-rate from the ziplining to the surfing instruction. Wildlife -from monkeys to butterflies and hummingbirds - abounds.
But Anamaya is also an experience and a way of life. I came as part of a week-long yoga retreat and not only were our yoga/meditation instructors great (and really set the vibe), but my fellow attendees were also just lovely, fascinating people. Relationships grow quickly at Anamaya because you share meals and activities (and a lot of interesting conversation!). I think a little more than half of us were traveling solo - but it didn't really matter, as you get to know everyone by the end of the week. I initially hesitated on doing dorm-style housing as a late-30-something, but I adored my roommates.
And what really makes Anamaya is the staff. I literally did not have to think of anything during my stay other than saying yes or no to activities and spa treatments. I have an allergy, so they made me special food. They learned all of our names. And the women who provided my spa treatments were just delightful to be around.
Some tips:
- Definitely recommend: zip-lining, surfing, watsu, reiki, horseback riding
- As a bit of an introvert, I also took a day or two by myself at the beach and that was totally cool. No pressure to stick with a "program."
- Their yoga mats, towels and props are top-notch - nice and grippy, even during a sweaty class.
- Wake up early to soak up the sunrise/AM quiet time - magical
- If you can swing it, take the Sansa or Nature Air flight in or out of Tambor - amazing views
Bottom line: If you are tired, burnt out or just needing to shake things up, get yourself to Anamaya ASAP!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
10  Thank Liz O
Reviewed 2 July 2017

This place is incredible, as soon as you walk on their property you feel welcomed and more relaxed. The views from the back are spectacular and pretty much every single room has a different view of the beautiful grounds and view that this yoga retreat is set on. So many different things you can do here as well. Of course there is yoga, but if you want excitement, there are waterfalls, hikes, boat trips with snorkeling and surfing on the beautiful beaches. The prices are great compared to most resorts that over price any "extras". Each meal here was incredible, but you could also easily walk down into town and eat something local on the beach. I've never been to a more accommodating resort.Their are no restrictions and curfews and things not to do. If you want to try something new they do their best to helping you do it. I have recommended everyone i know to this resort, even the people who do not do yoga, because just going for the spa services is incredible! I had the privilege of doing Watsu with Ana and Reiki which for me was not a new experience but a very powerful one after already being in such a spiritual and happy place. I cant wait to go back here to this magical place to visit my new family!

Room Tip: Amazing views, excellent food, great salt water pool and deck, Two beautiful yoga decks.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 9 June 2017

It's been a week since I'm back home and I'm still in full withdrawal mode... I CAN'T wait to go back again!
It's not just the amazing views from the infinity pool where you can swim at any time of day or night, or the out-of-this-world food where you'll feel like a kid anxiously looking forward to the next meal, or the massages that will make you fall asleep and then you'll want to take a nap after, or the yoga classes that will challenge you and rejuvenate you at the same time, or the iguanas jumping from the roof to devour a seemingly innocent crab, or the voluntary desire to wake up at 5:00 am just to see the amazing sunrise over the mountains and the ocean, or the howler monkeys responding back to the group after singing OM a few times, or the beach bonfire while watching the sunset and listening to a local singing with his ukulele, or the 426 steps you have to take back up after hiking to the most beautiful waterfall... it's not just all that, but the AMAZING people you meet, the new friendships made, where you know that no matter what your story is you'll fit right in... like-minded spirits.
Stop thinking about it and just go... you won't regret it.

Room Tip: I stayed at the Gaia house, on the loft, with ocean views and open showers.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Natalia H
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Where do I even start? If I could rate this place any better, I would. I spent weeks of looking at reviews, checking prices, dates, etc for a yoga retreat. Finally took the leap and booked Anamaya. I can not describe how perfect this place is, the staff, the food, the location, the views....everything is outstanding. I left the retreat feeling completely rejuvenated & more than satisfied. TAKE THE LEAP AND BOOK ANAMAYA!!

Room Tip: Stayed in Hanuman where we had an outdoor bathroom!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2017

This retreat is fantastic! The food is outstanding and plant based! The yoga is fabulous as is the areas you do your yoga classes in. The grounds and accommodations are tropical and very blended with the natural flora and fauna. The staff are so helpful making your stay relaxing and they set up all activities and transportation outside of the the retreat. The spa has so many choices you could stay 2 weeks and do 2 treatments a day and not try everything. I cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: ask for a room with hammock and a water view…or ask to be close to the monkeys!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends