“Back to Sofia after a one year absence”

Sofia Restaurante Mediterraneo Arte & Cultura
Price range: US$6 - US$48
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Mediterranean is our reason of being, with a wider concept that doesn't only include the food but also the health, the arts, the conversations and the friendships that are born in our table. Our influences come from the culinary and culturally richness of 22 Mediterranean countries.
Reviewed 4 July 2016

I went with two Costa Rican friends to Sunday lunch at Sofia Mediterraneo after being out of the country for a year. What a joy. I got my favorite leg of lamb dish, baklava, and two Turkish coffees. My friends got other lamb dishes (also reportedly delicious) and we shared an appetizer plate. We got there right when it opened at noon and by about 1:30 the place was packed. Lots of families with kids, couples, groups of friends. Mehmet was a charming host, as always. Hasan is getting ready to open a bakery - deli (Pandeli) half a block down the street next week. A great restaurant, yes, but much more than a restaurant. I need to come back again when they are having one of their culture nights.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Sofia offers a nice menu inspired by tasty and original recipes from the Mediterranean Basin. The presentation of the food is great, as well as customer service.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

I was client of this excellent restaurant during the time I lived in San Jose. Today is a very sofisticaded restaurant with the same two owners. I visited it with pleasure yesterday. Excellent ambience and good cuisine, good wines and an excellent and kind service.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

The food was authentic and expertly prepared.I ate Salmon with spills it was so delicious and served fast, also Appetizer plate is highly recommended. If you are looking for a mediterranean experience in San Jose this place is the right choice
Their bread is also excellent. The baking is done right there and smell is intoxicating

1  Thank kuthanguvenc
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Located in an up and coming gastronomic area Sofia is a must for those of you who are looking for something Mediterrano.
Service is good atmosphere can definitely use an upgrade.

2  Thank Duncan H