“Put Frutti Di Mare Risotto on your Bucket List !!”
Review of Pimento

Pimento
Ranked #4 of 176 Restaurants in Escazu
Price range: US$22 - US$35
Description: Enjoy incredible Italian gastronomy and wonderful wines at Pimento. Dine in a cosy Italian style atmosphere accented by wood floors and a brick grotto ceiling. The traditional Italian menu offers a variety of fresh homemade pastas, risottos, fresh seafood, and a great selection of antipasti, soups, and mouth watering desserts.
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had visited this restaurant a few times (we're locals) and I must say, The Risotto Frutti di Mare is exquisite. I once tried plain Alfredo and Lasagna in another visit (hard to judge when comparing to your mom's lasagna). But I don't think I ever tasted a more delicious main course than The Risotto Frutti di Mare.
If you are a Risotto lover, put this on your Bucket List and take the opportunity to enjoy Costa Rica in the process!
We've tried different desserts on each visit. Cheesecake, Tiramisu and something jelly (I forgot the name). All three were good but the cheesecake was my favorite. It's a big portion so you and your partner can share. The entree could range between $10-15. Main courses $20-35. Dessert $7-10 and wine by the cup $6+ but usually two main courses and one shared dessert is good enough for us (my wife and I) because, plus entree would be too much to eat. A reservation is required but if you arrive before 'rush hour' you'll probably get a table. And if you can't, well ... right there in the Lobby, there are other 3 great restaurants. Bon Appetit !!

1  Thank guitarsimple
Eduard S, Manager at Pimento, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear guitarsimple,
Thank you very much your review. We are very happy to hear visit us frequently and every time you visit us you enjoy your experience with us. I completely agree with us, the Frutti di Mari risotto is exquisite and will make anyone fall in love with it.
We really hope you continue visiting us.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Restaurant was excellent with good service. Very helpful staff. Had the buffet and enjoyed the food.

Eduard S, Manager at Pimento, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Brian J,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your last experience at Pimento. We are very happy to hear you consider us an excellent restaurant and enjoyed your last visit.
We hope you enjoyed Costa Rica. Pura Vida!
Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Food is very good. Quiet place to have a nice dinner. Only complain: I asked for a malbec wine which was out of stock, then the somelier offered me another malbec but did not mention that it was five times more expensive. As I had previously read carefully all the list, decided for other one but that could have made me expend a lot more than expected.

1  Thank RAULROSARINO
Eduard S, Manager at Pimento, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear RAULROSARINO,
Thank you very much for your comment, we are very happy to hear you had a good experience at Pimento. I am sorry you find an inconvenience while ordering the wine, we will take your comment into consideration.
Hope you come visit us very soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2017

We ate dinner here on the first night of our Caravan.com tour of Costa Rica. Because it was a tour group, dinner was served buffet style and the food was good. We received excellent service at our table from Christopher. Can't comment on price/value because the meal was included in our tour package.

Eduard S, Manager at Pimento, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Jan H,
Thank you very much for your nice review about your visit to Pimento. We are very glad to hear your first experience in Costa Rica was of your liking. We hope you enjoyed the tour and enjoyed the beauty of our country.
Hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Very pleasant atmosphere in a great hotel environment (Intercontinental) with nice outside seating area too. Yummy menu with classic choices and some with a special twist. Try the Ravioli with the Carbonara sauce -- yes, you'll feel guilty ordering it... but you'll thank your guilty-self afterwards :-) Ask for Christopher to serve. Great service, very sociable and good English speaker as well.

Eduard S, Manager at Pimento, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Mike G,
Thank you very much for writing such a nice comment on your last experience in our restaurant Pimento. Our new Italian chef Giulio, originating from Venice is taking the kitchen to a whole new level.
We hope you come visit us soon and will communicate your words to our team.
Food & Beverage Manager