“Sadly it is closed as of October 2013”
Review of Mekong Asia Fusion - CLOSED

Mekong Asia Fusion
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

As my previous review a while back mentioned, this was one of the best restaurants in town. We have been going for the last two years and really enjoying it. Sadly, we went in early October and it was closed without any sign that it will re-open. There is also no mention of an upcoming reopening or having moved to a new location on their website. The site only thanks past patrons for their support. We hope to see the great servers and chefs soon at another restaurant.

1  Thank Rico P

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Average Asian (Thai, Indonesian, Malasyan, etc) in Escazu, the menu is varied and covers a wide range of Asian cusines however most are just OK. Suggest you stay away from the Pud Thai as it tasted nothink like it should do. Prices are on the high side.

1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Our dinner wasn't bad, just not great.....we sat on the patio....a nice evening.....but it was dark......I couldn't read the menu and when I asked our server if she had a light her reply was "really?".....I wouldn't think I was the only person to ask...she did return and offered me the use of the light on her cell phone.....later.....as she was clearing a plate from our table she knocked over my companions beer bottle......glug, glug, glug spilling on the floor.....he quickly raised it up.....but about 1/2 was lost......she apologized.....but that was it......we kept thinking she was going to replace/refill it.....but not a word.....I then assumed she was just going to deduct it from our bill.....but she did not.....when I mentioned that "it would be nice if she made an adjustment on the bill"....she didn't understand, so my friend, a Tico explained in Spanish......she left and spoke with someone then returned and explained that they could not offer a discount.....but would provide another beer......at this point....we were finished with our meal....had our check.....and didn't feel like sitting and drinking a free beer....so we just paid and left.....too many choices in Avenida Escazu to go back again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

one of the best restaurants on Avenida Escazu, in terms of value. Large range of very good dishes. Friendly waiters, and a playground located right next door for impatient kids..

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This seems to be one their newer locations (less than a year). It was a very pleasant dining experience for my family. The menu is quite extensive. The service outstanding and the ambience very relaxing. Not a cheap restaurant, but worth it.