“Wow!”

Restaurante Pescatore
Ranked #3 of 177 Restaurants in Escazu
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Pescatore Restaurant is focused on providing recipes where creativity and originality are the highlights, fusing peruvian and Mediterranean cuisine. A truly new and unique experience. The restaurant is owned by Peruvian chef Regis Molina, Le Cordon Bleu graduate, with extensive experience in Costa Rica. Finally note the open kitchen, large windows and the ability to eat outdoors. Hope to see you soon !
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I just don't know where to begin. There really aren't enough adjectives in my vocabulary to describe the exquisite meals you will encounter at this restaurant. Our party of four was greeted and served by Romani our waiter who took the time to explain the dishes and specials of the evening. The restaurant was very busy, but he found the time to be very attentive to whatever we needed. Each one of the dishes he described sounded scrumptious and when we all made our selections, none of us were disappointed. There is an older review here from a fellow saying how he didn't like octopus because it was tough, but after eating it here he was a convert. I wholeheartedly agree! Not the slightest bit chewy, the generous pieces of this sea creature were tender and flavorful. I could have made a meal just out of that appetizer. The French onion soup with gruyere was rich and hearty. The focaccia was crisp and infused with rosemary. The house red was a very nice tempranillo that suited all of our dishes. The osso bucco was more than generous and most delicious as was the seafood pasta. Two of us had two of the seafood specials which were remarkable. Two of our party brought part of their dinners home to enjoy the next day. We topped off the meal with a special dessert made from guanabana, crumbled dried meringue, and whipped sweetened condensed milk--unique and delicious. Trust me, you won't be disappointed if you drive even 100 miles to Il Pescatore!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Relaxing atmosphere, wonderful fresh seafood and other creative cuisine. Drinks, presentation and flavors are all excellent. Highly recommend the trip from the city center to experience this gem!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We had one free night and we were given this restaurant as a recommendation - and it was bang on!
What a treat. The grilled octopus and the oysters were superb. Everyone had a different meal and everyone loved it.
The food was hot and fresh, the portions were generous and it was quite resonable.
This is a place I would go back to!

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Pescatore is fantastic. The service and food are exceptional, perhaps the best I have experienced. I ordered the grilled seafood, but did not want the octopus because I don't normally like the texture. Oscar, our server, explained to me their approach was different and recommended I try the octopus anyway. I am certainly glad I did. It was amazing. He was extremely knowledgeable and was passionate about ensuring a wonderful dining experience. The ceviche was second to none, providing a plethora of flavors and textures. My wife had the osso bucco ravioli, and she absolutely loved it. It is worth every dollar. This is must in San Jose. We will certainly be back!

1  Thank Buddy S
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I have been to Pescatore twice on business lunches. It is one of the best places for such ocassions in Costa Rica. I strongly recommend this place, its seafood, its pasta, meats. The owner, a Venezuelan Entrepeneur, is very kind, and has imprinted its staff with the same demeanor. 5 stars.