See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2015

One of the oldest Miradors in Costa Rica with amazing views of the Central Valley Price is right and the staff is friendly . The studios with Kitchenettes are agreat place to spend an affordable visit to San Jose

Room Tip: The Studios with small kichens
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Dar R
Reviewed 12 December 2014

I have been calling over and over for the past few weeks and no one picks up the phone. If this is just to answer the phone I can't imagine the rest of there service. View might be great and all be it's service that make people come back again and again. I hope I get to stay someday if they ever decide to answer the phone so that I can make a reservation...

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 16 April 2014

after a hectic 10 days in CR, this was a great place to spend the last few days getting ready to head back to the states. The views of the central valley were amazing while dining in the comfortable dining room. Rooms were clean and well kept. good value for the $$$$. quick trip to the airport while still feeling like you were in CR, not a hotel next tot he airport. would recommend a visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thedilf
Reviewed 21 December 2010

This place must have been amazing in the 1950s. It has great outdoor space and views but the rooms are a little dodgy. If you have been spending time in hostels I think it is a great selection however if you have expectations greater than hostel quality I would look elsewhere. Breakfast was included then it was not, upcharge for using credit card. The standard situation of a proprietor trying to maximize their spend per guest. Dinner was good but maybe not worth the $16/plate price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick141
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We have stayed here numerous times as husband/wife only, as a family, and with a group of high school students/college students. The view is absolutely stunning. It's my numero uno choice for a first or last night when flying to/from SJO. And it's a quick trip to the airport if you can avoid Escazu traffic! The rooms are individually "decorated" (and I use that word loosely) but spacious and clean. The bathrooms are fine but sometimes the water pressure is not quite up to speed. My biggest "complaint" would be the mini-towels they supply. (I guess we could have asked for additional towels!) Upon arriving late one evening and with an appetite, we asked the cook for dinner suggestions. Great move!! We went with exactly what they had and liked to cook--pescado, platanos, gallo pinto...Dinner was fresh and delicious.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple